Isaac
Years ago

Pre-season: Cairns vs Perth, Sep 24

Live stats here

Game starts at 18:30, which I think is 18:00 Central.

Topic #32710 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Any where this game can be watched on line ?

Reply #437623 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Burdon's 3P% this pre-season must be pretty high. Can't remember him missing more than a couple?

Reply #437625 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Redhage is my tip for MVP. This guy looks like the scorer Redhage again.

Reply #437626 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Burdon is averaging 8 points on 70% from the 3pt land in the preseason not including tonights game

Reply #437628 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Going by stats Ennis 14 points on 5 shots is beasting again.

Reply #437630 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ennis dominating again

Reply #437631 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

The better Ennis goes, the happier I am. Means he'll be outta here quicker

Reply #437632 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

Ah, no.

Reply #437633 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Burdon is a great, great shooter

Reply #437634 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jervis is a steal as is Burdon. The Taipans are showing some gritt here.

Reply #437636 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What about Trigger for MVP candidate.. looks like cairns have figured out how to best utilise him like his dominant season at Melbourne. He has been putting up crazy numbers at a high FG% and if he can rebound he would have to be a front runner for MVP

Reply #437637 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Now beale for perth is taking over. two gun imports

Reply #437639 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cairns pulls out the win but I doubt both teams were playing at 100%.Two contenders for sure.Once the Cats slot Matt Knight in there they'll be downright cary with Ennis, Redhage, WQagstaff, Damo and co.

Reply #437641 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Burdon 4/4 threes in this game. Three Cats have fouled out.

Cairns scrape home after a late charge by Beal.

Reply #437642 | Report this post

spiegel  
Years ago

The crop of imports this year seems to be very good.

Reply #437644 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

Burdon and Jervis both looking good for cats so far hope it carries into main season. Beal had a shocker...until final minutes of game almost got cats home.

Reply #437648 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Very happy with the imports across the league this year.

Reports of our adaptation to the referee calls may have been premature.

Burden, 4-4 from 3pt range, you beautiful bastard you. And to think Bartlett had a higher points value.

Reply #437649 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Were Cairns at full strength for this game?

Reply #437658 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yep full strength

Reply #437659 | Report this post

Proud  
Years ago

Zero fast break points for the game for everyone?

Interesting to see Jamar coming off the bench, that could work great as he enters when lesser players are coming on and take over the game.

Would have liked to see Vigor get game time tonight with Jervis fouling out but not to be... Can't wait to see the NBL this season

Reply #437662 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Weigh finding form early could also make the taipans legit this season
When was the last time the taipans consistently hit 100 pts in a game ?

Reply #437669 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Obviously in the 48-minute days, and prob not often then. Id say their 2008 team would have put a few points up.

Reply #437671 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Weigh had 38 points for the Sixers in a pre season game. His regular season was a lot different. Having said that perhaps his current coach will tell him to be more aggressive and make him earn his minutes.

Reply #437673 | Report this post

Andrew K  
Years ago

Was a great game last night. Wildcats really struggled to get the ball in the paint and we're really only in the game on the back of their 3 point shooting, but that will change when Knight's back. Cairns has a great lineup and deep roster. Tragardh can focus on his game now with Weigh and Burston around helping out on boards. Weigh has the purest shot in the league. Ennis and Beal sensational. Taipans and Wildcats to finish top two for sure, Wilson sixth man of the year. I think Perth are too good across the board for Redhage to get MVP, even though he is a class act.

Reply #437692 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm loving Jamar off the bench too. Really gives the guys a lift when he come a on. Hopefully his ego allows him to not be a starter and realizes it benefits the team.

Reply #437693 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

I'm hoping that the final few minutes of the game are the kickstart that Beal needs to realise that he can score in bunches and to not play so tentatively, kind of like Lisch in his first season.

Reply #437697 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I agree with the above poster. Beale can score with nonchalant ease when he attacks the basket.However i think he is finding his way into the team and dosent want to over do it just yet.

Reply #437703 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:54 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754