Moneyballer
Years ago

Could the 36ers cut Teys for Exum

As much i would feel sorry for young Brendan Teys I would love to see Exum in the squad and have Frye as the 6th man.

Topic #32720 | Report this topic

alexkrad  
Years ago

Probably be a good cover for the injured Chris Goulding..

Reply #437813 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

I personally wouldn't. We are committed to Teys - has relocated down here so we need to show some loyality as an organisation.

Also look how deep we are - do we really need ot be taking away minutes from Gibbo, Ervin, Creek, Frye etc

Reply #437814 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Exum is not ready for that responsibility at NBL level.

Reply #437815 | Report this post

FYI  
Years ago

Exum can be signed as a DP so no one would be cut

Reply #437817 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'd be pretty cut. I want him on my team!

Reply #437819 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

(a) No one needs to be cut.
(b) Remember when Corletto was cut for Mills?

Reply #437821 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

FYI, a good choice.

I think some loyalty needs to be shown here. I know its professional sports, but to cut someone to make for someone who is perceived as maybe being better at this point of time is poor form IMO.

It's like going out with some girl, then another girl comes along with a shorter dress and lower cut top. The grass appears greener, but sometimes loyalty and integrity is a reputation one prefers.

Reply #437824 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

With the game being called very tightly I think Exum is ready to make an impact in the NBL. Last year no, but this is different.

Remember Ingles' first year? He was able to drive and draw soft fouls at will and shot 6 free throws per game.

Over the next two years the refs largely stopped bailing out guys who jump into defenders (from memory the first time this had happened consistently in the NBL) and he averaged 4 and then 3 FTA those years and didnt have the impact of his first season.

Sure there were others factors but that was the big one. How the game is called has a big impact on young players who arent as strong as veterans.

Hopefully tightening up the reffing will lead to clubs more actively recruiting our best young players.

Reply #437828 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Having said that, no, Teys shouldnt be cut! Wouldnt Exum be a 3-point player anyway having been to the AIS?

Reply #437829 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Yeah, Exum would be 3 points because he has been at the AIS for 2 or more seasons.

Personally, I think the rule needs changing.

Those who have been at the AIS for 2 seasons are rated the same as players who have been at the AIS for 2 seasons or more and played 2 seasons of college ball.

I don't know how they're rated the same when one player can essentially get up to 4 years of additional college basketball experience.

Reply #437830 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I agree, we should be encouraging teams to sign these guys.

Having said that, if the NBL gets the investment it is after I suspect we might see a major change or even scrapping of the points cap with the league able to distribute funds to clubs to allow more even spending on players.

Reply #437831 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

No! Keep Teys, show some loyalty and let the man continue to gel with this team. Depth is looking good.

Reply #437835 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Loyalty in professional Basketball... Bwahahaha

Reply #437837 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sack Marty!!

Reply #437840 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Yes, I know it is a foreign concept!

How many former players have run out of contract and "retired" without a thank you from the club under previous regimes...

Reply #437841 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

"Sack Marty" threads are so like 2012

Reply #437842 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Not everyone was pleased that Joey could get Ervin and bring in a US scoring swingman......
I don't think I'd start Exum over Frye as suggested.
Anyways there's an effing points system

Reply #437846 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Melbourne would be the logical choice

Reply #437872 | Report this post

Dante is going straight to the nba.

Reply #437898 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:29 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754