WTF
Years ago

36ers social media efforts

I noticed a few players tweeting about the season launch last night. checked the 36ers twitter account , nothing , their facebook , nada, their own website blank again.

Facebook last updated September 26th
Twitter 5 days ago linked to the FB post
Website last article was the same as the above

A week out form the 1st game and there is no hype, no news, no meet the new guys , no countdown.

No cost way of doing business and building the brand yet seems to be an after thought

Topic #32757 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

They had RTed Dean Parker mentioning the launch and Cadee saying he was on his way there, but that was it. Definitely should've had more, but bit misleading to imply no Twitter action for five days? That's no excuse though.

Reply #438335 | Report this post

WTF  
Years ago

fair point , i should have clearly said no activity initiated by the club. Relying on RT's for content is lazy

Reply #438336 | Report this post

Deimo  
Years ago

Convincing people who are old media that there is value in new media can be a long road. Having said that to say it is no cost is over simplifying the process massively

Reply #438343 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

True that it costs nothing, but there are a few things that ease its use:

- doesn't require much or any training for the right person
- the services are free to use
- material can be put out very easily and from anywhere and without requiring production software
- it's easy to outsource part or much of the offering

Reply #438345 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

You could just put an injured player in charge...

Reply #438349 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

FFFAAAARRRRKKKKK YEEEEEAAAAHHH!!!!

Reply #438351 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

Also most importantly, you can get a wider range of people involved and more people can see what's happening than a commercial on TV if done correctly, and get more attention also. With the right content these days you can almost deduct any budget for TV/radio/print

Reply #438354 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

Have the development players in charge of Twitter or Facebook updates outside of game nights where you would obviously need someone else.

Reply #438362 | Report this post

Grovermi$ter  
Years ago

ill do it...

offered to mop the floors to on game nights...

need a person who know whats going on in both cases i think ive got the goods and i am sure most of us on this forum would too...

Reply #438368 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Regardless of how it is done now, however it is done it needs to be done so properly and in a co-ordinated effort. The Perth Wildcats set the benchmark IMO.

Back to the traditional media. An interesting point made by a player at a rival club was that it helped the team being in a smaller town because the papers were looking for stories all the time and whenever they visited a sick kid in hospital or a school the paper photographer was always there. A local radio station was also in on the action as well looking to fill airtime on a slow news day.

Adelaide is so AFL slanted that it makes it hard. For example, 104.7 "Roo and Ditts" - 90% of the stuff they talk about is AFL, even in the off season. The "Crow-vertiser" would have 50% (min) on AFL spread over the year and to see a Channel 7 news bulletin without an AFL story or puff piece is like seeing a factory worker without a sickie on a sunny day.

I would say the club just needs to look around at other sporting organisations, maybe get some free advice from a PR/Social Media consultant and then hit it hard.

Reply #438393 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Other media is hardly going to get excited about helping you if you (a) don't help yourself, (b) don't make it easy for them.

Reply #438395 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Spot on Isaac, I would imagine the Crows and Power basically pumping out puff pieces on a daily matter and getting players on all the cooking/travel/lifestyle shows they can.

Reply #438402 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

This effort on social media is going pretty well! My oh my!

https://www.facebook.com/Adelaide36ers/videos/10153688332518570/

Reply #563193 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Seriously, no one has anything to say about that dunk?!

Reply #563264 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Pretty awesome dunk, saw it on Facebook

Reply #563280 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:28 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754