Anonymous
Years ago

FIBA GP confirm every NBL game this season

Sent an email to them asking if they were showing every NBL game live this season or only a handful this was the response:

Hello, I am in Australia and am interested in signing up to this FIBA Global Pass for $59, it says you show NBL games from Australia and was wondering if that will be every NBL game or just a selection of games? Also will the NBL games be live or on delay?

Thank you for your email.

Yes, we will show all the NBL games from Australia and the match will be Live on our site.

Topic #32773 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

What is FIBA GP?

Reply #438590 | Report this post

m  
Years ago

it is like NBA League pass but for Fiba

Reply #438591 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

FIBA Global Pass, as mentioned in the post itself.

Reply #438592 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I think they will be geoblocked in Aus and NZ, they were the last few years.

Reply #438596 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yea, last year they had all games, but couldnt watch live, geoblocked in Australia, but replay was up within a couple of days so could watch all games, just not live.

If you want live you need to get NBL.tv aswell/instead, id say they geoblock the global pass so people sign up to nbl.tv.

Global pass is great if you also want to watch boomers games, Euroleague, Eurobasket, and other great tournaments/leagues aswell as NBL.

If you just want nbl and want to be able to watch live then go for nbl.tv. I personally sign up for both, yes there is some overlap as NBL is on both, but i enjoy watching the occasional international game and some Euroleague aswell, so for me i think its worth it.

Reply #438598 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm the OP, I don't understand why they would say they're showing every NBL game live is they aren't?

I had hoped to get nbl.tv this year assuming it was going to be $59 again but not interested in paying $99 for it when I can watch dodgy streams of their two games each weekend for free.

I had hoped to go with FIBA Global Pass as it's almost half the price of nbl.tv.

Maybe others could try asking them if they are in fact showing every NBL game live here?

http://www.livebasketball.tv/

Reply #438600 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

They show every game live, bjust not in Australia if it's like previous years. Notice the email reply said they are showing games "live from Australia".

Reply #438604 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

sorry, it says "we will show all the NBL games from Australia and the match will be Live on our site." If you dig deeper on their site you can find what broadcasts are geoblocked in what areas.

Reply #438605 | Report this post

Aaron  
Years ago

Why don't you just use a proxy or a vpn to bypass geoblock?

Reply #438641 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Its really easy to get around geoblocking these days anyway. Simple browser plug in. Im a technological simpleton and I can do it.

Reply #438642 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I looked at their schedule up to Oct 25th and they have no NBL games due to be shown on there.

Reply #438645 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

I signed up for NBL.tv last year and then global pass earlier this year to watch some international games, but thought it would also replace my NBL.tv subscription as indeed the global pass did say it would cover NBL.

So I was surprised to see a renewal deduction from my credit card for NBL.tv last week.

But I was pleasantly surprised by their response after I queried it:

Thank you for your email.

You have subscribed for 2 different sites as mentioned below:
http://www.nbl.tv and http://www.livebasketball.tv

This is the reason you have 2 subscriptions now.

You will be able to watch NBL using your global pass subscription.

We have now actioned your refund and have cancelled your NBL.TV subscription.

The refund may take up to 10 days to complete.

Best regards
Sharath
Customer Services

I have now indeed received the refund to my credit card and expect to see NBL games via my global pass.

Reply #438657 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Excellent news, obviously FIBA GP are showing every NBL game here then just haven't updated their schedule yet.

Reply #438671 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You will see NBL on your Global Pass but not live.

Reply #438730 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How much NBL is the real question?

Reply #438732 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:08 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754