Anonymous
Years ago

Import PG escapes Libya

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2442345/Basketball-star-Alex-Owumi-played-Gadaffi-escaping-Libya.html

Topic #32778 | Report this topic

Bear  
Years ago

What a story, a book well worth the read I would imagine. Just goes to show how dangerous and unpredictable some parts of the world are.

Owumi is one lucky guy with one hell of a tale to tell to his kids one day...

Reply #438711 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yea, thats scary stuff, this is the kind of article i hope a guy like Summers reads as he could find himself in a bad situation like this if not careful, alot of teams that offer/pay the big bucks are not in the greatest/safest places to live, let alone the fact that you often dont get what you are promised in Europe. I think this is a good reminder dont just chase money, look at the living circumstances, am i actually going to get all of the money, etc.

I'm sure when all this was happening Owumi would have been happy to be in a place like Australia earning decent money, even if not as much as his contract was for, his life wouldnt have been in danger and he would never of had to eat insects in Australia, you could promise that much.

Reply #438723 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Yeah Agree completely ^

Wonder if College programs are really giving the players enough education about different types of experiences in different leagues.

The important thing is looking at everything and not just the $ clause.

I think imports that come to Aus/NZ tend to have their head screwed on pretty well.

A lot of them say good things about the lifestyle, the fact we are english-speaking, good weather, really nice people and a competitive league.

Hear people go play in Europe and the first thing they say is "the moneys good"

Reply #438728 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:50 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754