The Cheese
Years ago

MJ to come out of retirement and play for Bobcats?

Bit of talk going around that Jordan could come back and play 1 game for the bobcats. It has come about from comments from Jalen Rose. Apparently Jordan has been working out like crazy lately. Could Jordan compete at 50?

Topic #32779 | Report this topic

Big Sexy  
Years ago

He would have to sell the bobcats to play, you can't own a team and play.

Reply #438715 | Report this post

hoopie  
Years ago

Another bit of hype for 2K14 - won't happen

Reply #438716 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

You can bet that 1 game won't be against the Heat ;)

Reply #438720 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I could see him play limited minutes as a straight jump shooter to spread the floor. Imagine the tv views of the game.

Reply #438726 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

All hype as mentioned would have to sell his stake in the Bobcats before he could play and then I assume buy the stake back.

Wouldn't be worth all the drama & paperwork for 1 game.

Reply #438731 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #438740 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

Would be cool. but highly doubt it will ever happen.

Reply #438744 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

Article about this on Grantland. Good read, think it was Zach Lowe.

Reply #438749 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

He ain't wilt chamberlain

Reply #438752 | Report this post

SamCro  
Years ago

MJ would get flat out embarrassed if he attempted this PR stunt. Father Time waits for no-one, not even the great MJ 23.

Reply #438755 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Agreed,

Im a massive MJ fan but think its best for him to stay retired, maybe he could put the time into doing some good scouting for the Bobcats.

I also doubt his ego could handle LeBron dunking on him and embarrassing, which at his age now would likely happen, if they were both at their prime it would be a close match, edge to Jordan, now without a doubt LeBron would beat him.

I doubt it was ever on the cards, just publicity stunt, but MJ i loved you at the Bulls, even enjoyed your Wizards stint, but as said above Father time has got you and your NBA playing days are well and truly over. Unfortunately no one even the GOAT can play for ever,

Reply #438757 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

I disagree. One on one is different to an NBA game but Michael Kidd Gilchrist has sooken of being flat out dominated by MJ in a one on one game less than a year ago. A season would kill him but he would not look entirely out of place in fifteen minutes of time in a game...provided he had been preparing physically...

Reply #438764 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

But obviously would never happen and if it did it would be a silly pr stunt that would only tarnish him.

Reply #438765 | Report this post

Proud  
Years ago

Ok so with all-star ballots choosing the starting 5, just how many will vote for Jordan even if he only plays a single game?

Reply #438815 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Magic Johnson was voted in by the public in '92 despite being retired that season so could happen.

Reply #438818 | Report this post

Gru  
Years ago

You have got to be pulling on my leg!

Reply #438825 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

He had chronic knee tendinitis w the wizards ad that a fair while back. His knees would probably be worse

Pr

Reply #438860 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

Speaking of all stars maybe he could do what Magic did a few years back and get an all star team together guys like Reggie, Pippen and Shaq its probably a silly idea but so is him playing NBA at 50

Reply #438863 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:07 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754