Isaac
Years ago

Boti on Woodville vs Eastern

Hills alive as Mavs chase history

By BOTI NAGY in The Advertiser

"The BankSA League has been blessed with some terrific recent grand finals but the potential for a thriller rarely has been greater than for tomorrow night's Woodville-Eastern showdown."

Read the full article ยป

Topic #328 | Report this topic

what the  
Years ago

It had a great atmosphere - but was concerned with an article earlier in the week from him.
ell known as a forestville man - his article "advising" the known referees (WM and the girl) that they had better improve was a little too much meddling pre game.

Reply #2674 | Report this post

S Vidmar  
Years ago

Boti was spot on if the referee's hadn't changed the way they'd reffed all year he wouldnt have written that, for the states most senior ref to tell both men's teams before the North/Wood game that they will not call 3 seconds and they will let it get more physical than usual is just silly. For 18 games you get reffed a certain way and then to literally change the rules during the play offs, come on.

Reply #2675 | Report this post

The Watcher  
Years ago

If you think Wayne Maidment is the states most senior ref, you are seriously mistaken.

Phil Haines has had the #1 spot for some time now (why he wasnt doing the Mens GF I will never know)....Wayne was dumped from both the NBL and WNBL panels.

Reply #2684 | Report this post

what the  
Years ago

the most senior ref is John McCormack (71 yrs) ! - joking !!

Good to see Rod Ridley at ABL GF as well.

Reply #2685 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

John Mc!!!!

Great guy, had my share of run ins with him, but always enjoying reffing with him (my run ins were when i WASNT reffing)

Reply #2688 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

I believe Phil was away reffing some Oceania Qualifying games.

Reply #2717 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:17 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754