NBAfan
Years ago

Anyone heard anything about David Andersen

Wondered if anyone heard where David Andersen might be playing next season. I know he mentioned he would look at some NBA teams, but looks like nothing is happening there..........is he going back to Europe??

Topic #32820 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I was under the impression that he was playing for Fenerbache Ulker?

Reply #439395 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

His team in Turkey released him, hardly conducive to an NBA call up.

Reply #439406 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No, who is he?

Reply #439407 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

With the way the nba game has been heading, he should count himself lucky that he ever got a call up.

A soft big who cant hit the nba three but thrives from fifteen feet; cant score in the paint to save himself, yet cant defend anywhere on the floor...

He's pretty much an efficiency black hole.

Real lucky to have it on his cv...

Reply #439409 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hey

hes a legend of European basketball give the dude a break.

Reply #439412 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He's had an unbelievably successful EuroLeague career. Played for the biggest clubs in Europe and won big competitions. Played in the NBA...not bad for a guy from Frankston, VIC.

He's still in Melbourne at the moment, re-habbing his injury.

Reply #439414 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

Rough call on Andreson ANON... he would be our best performed big man of the last 7-10 years!!

As mentioned above he has had great succes in Euorleague and always been a key figure in those teams.

Reply #439419 | Report this post

Tasman  
Years ago

Yeah cause Bogut isn't our best performed big man..... (He hasn't spent 8 years in the NBA or anything!)

Reply #439422 | Report this post

Anon12  
Years ago

Tasman - sooooo much anger. Must still be school holidays.

Reply #439431 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

I explored that very question in my article here:

http://pickandroll.aussies.au/aussies-in-europe-where-to-next-for-david-andersen/

He still remains without a team

Reply #439460 | Report this post

David  
Years ago

I think David Andersen played pretty good for the time he was at Houston. It just seemed when he went to New Orleans he never was given playing time or fitted in. I remember watching one game he played for New Orleans and he only got time at the end of the game. And never looked comfortable in the little time he played. I think Andersen, would of been better off if he stayed in Toronto, after he was traded from Houston. He only stayed in Toronto briefly, but from what I remembered reading the Raptors were pretty high on Andersen and were reluctant to give Andersen up to make a trade work.

Reply #439583 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It would seem that he is probably pricing himself out of the market. Might be asking for ,or holding out for, a starting or significant role somewhere, and teams looking see him now as a ageing veteran useful deep on the bench for less cash. I agree with Mike about him being soft on D. He has always had some moves on offence, good for points, stretches floor a bit

Will be interesting to see if the current Australian euro players will return for a stint in the nbl. Neilsen didnt ? Injury obviously a big factor at that time of the career

Reply #439698 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hey

hes a legend of European basketball give the dude a break.

-----------------------------------------------

Um, I hate to burst your bubble, but he's about 10 levels below legend status in Euroleague.

Reply #440196 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Reply #444919 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:01 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754