Years ago

lightning v caps (le spoiler)

foundation names stepping up for adelaide with a good win.

it is going to be a tight season - what about melbourne's comeback v logan yesterday

Topic #32850 | Report this topic

Very Old  
Years ago

I thought the game was not particularly interesting or entertaining. The capitals were quite uninspiring. Bishop desperately needs to play with a real 5 player who can give 30 quality minutes of in the paint rebounding for Bishop to then go and play "her" game. Wilson is phoning the game in from some other planet. Bibby and Bishop need some clear direction and a offence that actually sets up their individual offence - rather than just playing "motion" all the time. Hurst was the only player who seemed to be worth feeding at an elite level , but she could not do it all.

Lightning won, but did so against an opponent that was really vulnerable and yet still got to within single figures in the last quarter.

Not certain that Peter #@*&^%!^ Buckle has a really good handle on how to transform the lightning into a consistently smart running team. Several players seem to have the handle on how to do an offensive seal while they are still in transition, but then some still fall back into just running from low post to low post once the half court set starts.

Knowing how Duke women ran their stuff, I think Foley will need some re-education, and so will Screen after being quite well Graf-i-fied for the last few years in the opals program.

I don't think Adelaide have the vision or the nouse at the point guard or point forward roles to really run this game at its best. The Jo hill of ten years ago would have been perfect.

If you put Hurst in for any of the Adelaide guards , and had Carley Mijovic play how she did today for the lightening as well, with her replacing any player other than Hodges or Stewart in the roster , then Peter &^%$*! Buckle would be justified in planning a grand final appearance right now, using the running style he seems to be trying to instil.

But credit to him for trying, at least he has nothing to lose now he's in the final year of his contract.

Canberra will have another long year until LJ returns for her's and Graf's final 2 WNBL seasons in 2014/5 and 2015/6.

Reply #440037 | Report this post

Steve Rogers  
Years ago

I thought the whole game experience was very non entertaining... the standard of play was well below what we've come to expect of the lightning over the years and as far as everything else is concerned... every time I heard an announcement I felt like I was hearing a crapola tv commercial at 11 o'clock at night.

Just not a fun day out... but for $18... couldn't expect much more... btw since when is there a fee for carpark?? very cheeky cash grab by management!!

Reply #440064 | Report this post

Years ago

always been a car park fee when i have gone

Reply #440075 | Report this post

Steve Rogers  
Years ago

Maybe I always got there earlier than the attendants... maybe I could have set up and made some cash!!

Reply #440077 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:22 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754