Money Traveler
Years ago

Hawks new import - Kevin Tiggs

Looks like this could be the Hawks new import:

http://basketball.australiabasket.com/player/Australia/Wollongong_Hawks/Kevin_Tiggs/136920

Kevin Tiggs - no word from Hawks or NBL yet

Topic #32856 | Report this topic

Money Traveler  
Years ago

Short Link http://bit.ly/GMTiHZ

Reply #440044 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

He's signed.. Hopeful for this weekend

Reply #440045 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not an overly impressive resume for NBL. Let's hope he fits into league and being a slasher perhaps he can take advantage if new hand checking focus?

Reply #440049 | Report this post

Ganymede 86  
Years ago

Think he'll be ok has good stats in Ukraine compared to other imports who have played NBL

Reply #440051 | Report this post

Aerius  
Years ago

Is his resume any less than say Gary Ervin?

Both played in Ukraine in 2012

Ervin: 39 Games - 31min/game
12.3ppg 4.3apg, 3.9rpg, 0.8spg, 1.7to's
43% 2FG
33% 3FG (39/118)
71% ft

Tiggs: 42 Games - 30in/game
14.3ppg 1.4apg, 4.0rpg, 1.6spg, 2.0to's
61% 2FG
33% 3FG (47/143)
71% FT

Hawks web article says "Tiggs finished his college career with an impressive field-goal percentage over 53% and his 21.5 points per game during the 2008/09 season ranked 16th in NCAA Division I scoring, while future NBA stars such as Blake Griffin and Stephen Curry featured in the top 15 that year."

I've sent a lot lesser resumes have NBL impact

Reply #440053 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

You have to be careful just looking at end of season stats sometimes. For example, Ervin struggled the first half of his season in the Ukraine, being shifted to SG and playing on a team with no shooters to spread the floor. Second half of the year he pretty much dominated.

Having said that, Trigg's resume looks decent, didnt have a great season last year but his last game was against the champs who are now in the Euroleague and he had 20, 6 & 4.

His performances in previous seasons in Europe suggest he is inconsistent but can produce big numbers, as he has a number of times in playoffs.

I like the fact that he has been signed year after year in Ukraine, that tells you he was seen as a good player in their comp. Of course, we dont know how well all that translates til he's on the court here!

Reply #440058 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Gee, his college resume makes impressive reading, clearly the top scorer on a team that makes the NCAA tourny and nearly beats the top seed, scoring big in that game. That's a good effort, reminiscent of Jamar Wilson.

Reply #440060 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Brings up the topic of imports being rated by their last league.
Theron Wilson who played last two years in SEABL and attracted no NBL interest, averaged 13ppg 6rpg in Ukraine...

Reply #440063 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Still think that there is a stigma with SEABL imports transferring to the NBL. Its a hell of a lot riskier recruiting somebody off youtube than seeing them in person. I did read a funny resume the other day of an import that averaged 0.8ppg in one of his gigs. Hope it was a typo....

Reply #440065 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Definitely seems a stigma re SEABL and NZNBL imports, when those leagues are often at convenient times to pick up extra $$ for some imports.

Re Wilson, he may have averaged 13p but he shot 34% and was released midway through his first season in Ukraine, then had two ok but not brilliant seasons in Finland, which isnt a great league.

His college resume was decent though, and Im pretty sure he has the talent to be a good role player in the NBL, though I think the Hawks want something more than that.

Reply #440072 | Report this post

Tyrell  
Years ago

Two decent imports, well Clarke is above decent but we'll wait to see for Tiggs, does this mean the Hawks have had an injection of cash?

Reply #440104 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

A step up or a step down on Summers, do you think?

Reply #440106 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Impossible to tell for sure given that Summers only played two pre-season games and this guy is yet to play. But they're big shoes to fill - not everyone comes in cold, barely knows the plays and gets 25+ each time.

Reply #440114 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Well, either way, he'll help out their depth problem no end. Should be much more competitive in their next game than they were against NZ.

Reply #440121 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Next game being against the 36ers.

Reply #440128 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Oh year.

Man they have a rough start to the year! They'll hold their own, I think but 36ers will get them handily in the end, I think. Still, step in the right direction, and my suspicion is that most teams will be able to hold serve on home court this year.

Reply #440131 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Looks legit

http://youtu.be/b_PP57UvT3I

Reply #440142 | Report this post

Money Traveler  
Years ago

Nice find Anon.

Begs the question, with crowds that look to number in the dozens. How does Ukraine afford to pay such dollars?

Reply #440153 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sugar daddy like most Euro clubs.

Reply #440164 | Report this post

pwned  
Years ago

The contract Summers tore up was worth $95k. So I assumed Tiggs would be playing for something similar.

Reply #440208 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

That's on the low end even for NBL imports, isn't it?

Reply #440219 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

Re: Low end.. Not really. Obviously players like Ervin, Ennis & Johnson are on more but around 90-100k for new imports these days are pretty much the norm.

Reply #440220 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Anywhere around US$100K is considered a lot of money over there. One import was on near minimum last season.

Reply #440224 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Its pretty descent money when you think about it considering some are in there early 20's. Cant believe Glover is playing in Italy.

Reply #440226 | Report this post

Aerius  
Years ago

Glover's team is in the Italian 3rd Division

Reply #440246 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:44 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754