Jesse Wagstaff [PER] 67.00
Todd Blanchfield [TSV] 67.00
Rhys Martin [WOL] 67.00
Peter Crawford [TSV] 81.00
Jacob Holmes [TSV] 81.00
Nate Tomlinson [MEL] 101.00
Daryl Corletto [NZL] 101.00
Tim Coenraad [WOL] 101.00
Value bets I think are DJ at $11 (hits FTs, scores and boards, Sixers should do OK), Wilson at $17 (if he can maintain early form) and Redhage at $41 (weak game first up, but can still play and is on a strong team).

Working against those guys are strong teammates, but I think that's true throughout the league. Clarke might standout like Ervin did in his MVP year, but I'm not sure Wollongong will get enough wins.

Topic #32867 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

James Ennis [PER] 6.00 - can win although a lot of risks (strong team, nba, etc)
Kerron Johnson [NZL] 8.00 - can win
Gary Ervin [ADL] 9.00 - can win (although strong even team)
Daniel Johnson [ADL] 11.00 - can't win (will play some really bad games, not sure if other coaches respect his D)
Ben Madgen [SYD] 11.00 - can't win
Rotnei Clarke [WOL] 12.00 - !!!! like this price
AJ Ogilvy [SYD] 13.00 - question mark
Chris Goulding [MEL] 14.00 - won't play enough games and probably eased back into the rotation
Demetri McCamey [CNS] 17.00 - looks like a really good player, although strong even team
Jamar Wilson [CNS] 17.00 - won't always put up numbers like rd1
Mark Worthington [MEL] 17.00 - will play too many bad games
Thomas Abercrombie [NZL] 17.00 - can't win
Jarrid Frye [ADL] 19.00 - With Ervin and DJ around and missing a week it won't be easy

Looks like I'm left with Clarke although Kevin Tiggs could change the dynamic of the team.

Reply #440249 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

And why can't Abercrombie win?

Reply #440258 | Report this post

daneo  
Years ago

Odds on Ben Allen?

Reply #440260 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Abercrombie is a highlight reel finisher, not MVP material, kidding yourself. I cant stand DJ but if the 6ers win enough games and he performs stat wise no matter how ugly he gets them, hat $11 bet is very solid.

Reply #440261 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Agree that Abercrombie is unlikely.

Disagree on this DJ assessment:

Daniel Johnson [ADL] 11.00 - can't win (will play some really bad games, not sure if other coaches respect his D)
Players without a defensive focus have won or come close before. If his output is there, he'll be considered.

Reply #440274 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Abercrombie can't win IMO either.

He just lacks that mental drive and aggression to come out and absolutely dominate.

Alternatively, this could just be because his skill on the offensive end -- in terms of creating his own shot -- isn't strong enough.

Reply #440314 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I liked during Friday nights game when Lachie was already too worked up and tipped DJ as early front runner for MVP (about half way through game 1) and Ronaldson deadpan said "gee you're going out a bit early there".

Reply #440320 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

where did I say I think he will win? I just asked you to clarify a blanket statement that he can't win.

He's a former Finals MVP.
Regularly voted Most Athletic Player.
Highlight reel plays most weeks.
He can play both ends of the floor well and defend 1-4
Shoots at a decent clip from the floor and the freethrow line.
New rules suit his athleticism and frame.

How many Breakers would have polled more votes than him after his performance in the second half against the Hawks?

Reply #440327 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Just don't think he is at 100% or demanding the ball at all times. Seems to coast a bit to be in MVP talks. Finals series are much shorter than a regular season and probably why his impact is easier to see there. Has the tools to do it all, of course.

Reply #440345 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Abercrombie averaged 11ppg in the three games against Cairns.

Kirk Penney averaged close to 16ppg in those 3 games.

I think Abercrombie was probably a bit lucky to win.

I know they don't take into account the semi-finals when deciding MVP, but if Penney didnt go for 38 against Perth, the Breakers would never have been there.

Personally, Abercrombie has reached his peak IMO. Though I am kind of hoping he proves me wrong this season and maintains his ppg at what it is.

Interesting to see what happens down the track when Te Rangi becomes poised to take over the starting SF role.

It's nice having depth, but ultimately still want to see Te Rangi develop as he can be a high level Europe player. That won't come from playing second-fiddle to Abercrombie for the next 5 years though.

Reply #440482 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:37 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754