Anonymous
Years ago

Big V off season (all divisions)

Thought I would throw on a discussion thread for this upcoming seasons rumour mill as teams are fighting for players signatures and such. Any rumours or possible departures from a club anyone would like to share? It's always interesting in big v land with so many teams.

Topic #32874 | Report this topic

BREDS  
Years ago

Melton working hard to make some noise in Div 1.

Mick Downie appointed as coach and a few new recruits to go along with a roster that was a step above D2M last year means they won't just be making up the numbers in 2014.

#bredlife

Reply #440431 | Report this post

Red 90  
Years ago

Bulleen Boomers BIG V Head Coaching Appointments for Season 2014

Kelvin Bowers Big V Championship Men's
Matt Paps Big V Championship Women’s
Gary Fox Big V Youth League Women’s team.
Michael Funke, Big V Youth Men’s team

KB - fair enough
Gary Fox - EXCELLENT
Matt Paps - ???

Who is Michael Funke??

Reply #440445 | Report this post

Tack  
Years ago

Word has it Packenham spending up bigger this year with plenty being spent this year.

Reply #440447 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I would have thought Des Radoslovic would have got a look in at the vacent Whittlesea D1M job.

Reply #440448 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Isn't Whittlesea D1M moving up to Champ??

Sunbury making huge moves with Spencer as coach and Harding signed on who was the best big in D2M.

Who have Melton signed? Crowe and Mccallum?

Reply #440457 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Im assuming they might get a player or two from the coaches past? Maybe ballarat?

WHat are the new teams confirmed for entry ?

Reply #440479 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Nothing happening at Mornington apart from Demarcus Berry not being there next season due to budget cuts.Another President has resigned so until they get there house in order they wont be a serious force in D2.

Reply #440500 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mornington has not been a serious force in D2M for years now. Very talented team but just can not get it right.

Which teams are moving up to SCM? Whittlesea would be as they won D1M ? Rumor also has it that McKinnon will be?

Reply #440516 | Report this post

Rhea  
Years ago

Hawthorn too

Reply #440534 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

All three teams would get murdered in state champ. Only team that would be somewhat competitive would be Whittlesea but hawthorn and McKinnon I give no chance!! Timmons is on his last legs and still carrys that team and hawthorn are too inconsistent.

Reply #440539 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Given the way Werribee performed last season after coming up from D1, I think there's a reasonable argument that Whittlesea would do just fine.

Nobody would expect them to set the league on fire, but in a first season after getting promoted you could still expect a team like that to notch up 5-7 wins in the season.

Hawthorn would need to recruit heavily as would McKinnon.

Reply #440540 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The checkbook would be out at McKinnon no doubt abou that

Reply #440541 | Report this post

Admins  
Years ago

Why dont Mildura have to go up as they won 2 out of the last 4 years and played in the Grand final this season? I also hear that Chelsea have asked to move up

Reply #440544 | Report this post

Melbourne Boy  
Years ago

Mildura still rely on the Imports too much, i think once all the young guys on their roster develop they may consider, but not for now.

Whittlesea and McKinnon would have beaten the bottom 3 teams in SCM last season without even recruiting a single player, they will be competitive in SCM and be ok just like Werribee were.

Reply #440545 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Warrandyte women to Champ. Whittlesea women looking at Champ. Hawthorn women staying in Div 1. Craigieburn women also staying in Div 1.

Reply #440546 | Report this post

Melbourne Boy  
Years ago

Any new entries attempting to get in?

Reply #440571 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oakleigh would try and enter again ?

Any country teams entering?

Reply #440593 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Knox will join big v - Shanahan is pissed off. Watch the unrest at knox. Seabl clubs should get after Waterhouse and Aver. Very talented young men.

Reply #440616 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Have Knox not been confirmed to be continuing
At seabl?

Reply #440631 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Knox already confirmed in SEABL.

Reply #440632 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Good news for Corio Bay re-signing Ma'alo Hicks for next season, he may take on a bigger role with the retirement of centre James Walker if my mail is correct...

Reply #440635 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Huge resigning for CB.

Reply #440643 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Knox not confirmed in seabl. Only have put in a EOI.They will not take this up. Don't believe me then ask Shanahan. He is pissed.

Reply #440706 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

MELTON HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. BOTTOM 3 AT BEST

Reply #440711 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who has Pakenham signed? Wonder how much $ their junior program will be forking out for players this season

Reply #440728 | Report this post

charon 18  
Years ago

Seems to come up all the time about pakenham spending money? On who exactly... ?

Reply #440729 | Report this post

Tack  
Years ago

Pakenham have offered one player who played D1m this year $8k to play next year. It's safe to say this player couldn't even be tempted by that to go out there.

Reply #440743 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

8k?!? That's ludicrous if true thats more than seabl nbl players for DIV 2!? Get real packenham if true!

Reply #440752 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Name?

Reply #440759 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dan Christian, Dave Smith, Kevin Benn, Manny Hendrix to Pakenham

Reply #440786 | Report this post

charon 18  
Years ago

Hahahahahahahhaa.

Reply #440792 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Manny to Western Port I have heard. Benn not moving.

If Packenham want to spend up big to move up that's ok. A lot of teams have done this in the past with various levels of success.

What teams are moving up from Div 2? I know Melton is but anyone else?

Reply #440799 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Coburg Basketball Association is pleased to announce the signing of Danny Page to the position of Division Two Men's Coach.

We are pleased to announce that Carl Mascitti will again coach the senior women’s team, along with Amanda Aldridge who will be coaching the Youth league women and Dean Marks who will be coaching the Youth League men for 2014. WE look forward to a successful season in 2014. "

Reply #440800 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

After Coburg lost Harding I dont think it will matter who coaches them they will struggle no doubt

Reply #440809 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So if Benn ain't moving and Hendrix to Western Port, who is making up the garbage about Pakenham spending?

Looks like people mad they moved from bottom to a contender in one year.

Reply #440815 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kevin Benn is lazy and overatted. He should of dominated div 2 last season but he was a scrub! Waste of money for a team!

Reply #440820 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

From what I've heard from a number of people its Jordan Canovan from LCE.

No doubt Benn was a waste of money

Reply #440828 | Report this post

D  
Years ago

Packenham have offered Canovan $350 a game. Not sure if he will take them up on it.

Reply #440863 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Your all so far off its funny, $500 a game, car and rental house is the deal

Reply #440881 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What in the world would you pay an import if
You're paying a local that money

Reply #440889 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Two houses and two cars plus a mint, this thread is a joke

Reply #440927 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Unfortunately some decision making is based on egos rather than the best interests of the club.

Reply #440940 | Report this post

Sammy  
Years ago

40 bucks a shot

Reply #440945 | Report this post

Sammy  
Years ago

I heard a rumour pakenham were paying Lucas Walker to come back and play in the off season. No car, not big $$, but the thing that got him
Was the lifestyle

Reply #440947 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There will be a announcement in the Gazette
Tomorrow from what I've heard. High flyer?

Reply #440991 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

In regards to Kevin benn, the structure of that team was terrible. it was never inside out, it was jack jack jack. Coach had no idea with the few games I saw.
Plus with the arrival of his baby girl, adjusting to parenting took its toll with not much shut eye. Keysborough didnt play around kev, which was why he didnt get the chance to dominate. too many guards jacking 3's.

Reply #441033 | Report this post

Jamal  
Years ago

Jamal Brown works really this off season, has lost 15KG and looking like hes getting back to the form of his Geelong Supercats days.

Reply #441035 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I didn't know VB subbies had become a diet drink! Jamal will have to do something considering output is no longer at import level.

Reply #441040 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

Maybe he has swtched to low carb beer hence the new apperence?

Reply #441044 | Report this post

Jermaine  
Years ago

Low carb baby

Reply #441050 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Disregard reports in this thread.

This just in: Jamal Brown fatter than ever.

Reply #441051 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Does JB have a day job or is he fulltime employed by the club?

Reply #441052 | Report this post

Coach Kitching  
Years ago

LMAO BALL.IS.LYF

Reply #441053 | Report this post

Jamal  
Years ago

Im dirty bulking this off season.

Reply #441054 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Aaron stirton a free agent pushing for aba spot.

Reply #441164 | Report this post

Melbourne Boy  
Years ago

Brad Bridgewater has signed with Waverly

Reply #441165 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So stirton, Benn have left.. I assume Tim brooks will leave because he changes teams every season will keysie have a team? Div 2 will be the biggest joke of a division next year.

Reply #441167 | Report this post

BB  
Years ago

Now that Waverley have signed Bridgewater does this mean Karl Beston is on the move?

I've heard that he may be going to Diamond Valley or Bulleen

Reply #441168 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Did someone just mention Aaron Stirton and ABA?
This thread just got a whole lot funnier.. He got eaten up and was average in Div 2!

Reply #441180 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

Waverley now won't make finals.....BB hasn't fired a shot since he was at Nunawading!

Reply #441186 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Southern Peninsula women moving upto D1 next season.Better start recruiting....

Reply #441221 | Report this post

D  
Years ago

Who is Aaron Stirton?

Reply #441239 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

New Melton coach is ringing around for players in Division 1. Someone get him Benn and Stirton's numbers. He'll be starting to call random numbers out the phone book soon.

Reply #441291 | Report this post

Admins  
Years ago

Jermaine Williams (Mildura Heat 2012 MVP) is living in Melbourne and not playing for anyone at the moment dont know why someone has not tried to get him.

Reply #441300 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:11 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754