CHRIS MULLIN
Years ago

Bogut contract negotiations

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2013/10/16/warriors-bogut-begin-negotiations/

Topic #32879 | Report this topic

Gordon Liddy  
Years ago

Oh, thank goodness. Get through this period mate, negotiate hard, trust your agent, lean on your family and friends, get what you want and need for your future and then you can relax and just play. Then WE, the Aussie Basketball Nation, can relax.

Phew. This is great news.

Reply #440497 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

Huh? Why can we relax? What is stopping us relaxing now?

Reply #440517 | Report this post

curtley  
Years ago

I like Andrew Bogut. There I said it.

Reply #440521 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

I don't. I think he is a knob. Good player though and he deserves a shot to contribute to a contender, rather than being stuck in the basketball wasteland of Milwaukee.

Reply #440535 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I like that he is a little less on himself than most in nba, he at times tells it like it is also which is amusing. I get why some might find him a bit much, does love a soap box to stand on.

I'd like to see him do well with the warriors, its hard not to like that team, even if Mark Jackson is a little bit too 'fresh on the word'

Reply #440542 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

He is outspoken and doesn't bite his tongue, which is good. The problem is, he isn't very smart so he says a lot of dumb things at times.

Reply #440552 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"I don't. I think he is a knob. Good player though and he deserves a shot to contribute to a contender, rather than being stuck in the basketball wasteland of Milwaukee. "

is this a serious post? or have i missed something?

Reply #440556 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

What don't you understand about it?

Reply #440557 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think his understanding of social issues and economic issues is informed by 'A current affair' and street machine magazine...I'm happy for him to express his opinion just wish it was a little more informed. In his Pro career he has worked hard but is incredibly lucky and doesn't seem to recognize that. In a recent article he came across quite paranoid.

Reply #440558 | Report this post

Boom Patrol  
Years ago

The Situation, Andrew Bogut kinda doesn't play at Milwaukee anymore......

Reply #440564 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

Really? Oh my gosh, why wasn't I told earlier?!?!

Reply #440569 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

I'll say it another way. I don't like him but he too good of a player to be playing for a team that goes nowhere so I am happy he was traded to... *googles 'Bogut trade* ...the Warriors.

Reply #440570 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/78631/the-andrew-bogut-conundrum-what-will-the-warriors-do-with-their-center

Reply #440651 | Report this post

daneo  
Years ago

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/basketball/andrew-bogut-seeking-new-nba-deal-20131018-2vqfd.html

Hahaha SMH quoting 19m contract.. More like 9 mill max a year realistically

Reply #440661 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And genetic research has uncovered evidence that specific genetic mutations might make bones a bit more brittle or limit the amount of cushioning collagen some people produce — hard-to-detect quirks that might make them more vulnerable to knee and Achilles injuries, according to David Epstein's wonderful new book, The Sports Gene.

Really?? Big people have genetic mutations? Well, now it all makes sense, thanks Dr Epstein, you're an inspiration to anyone who wants to play a sport that big people excel in!

Reply #440663 | Report this post

BigAds  
Years ago

I like the Situation, uses sarcasm much like Stirling Archer. Stirling Archer makes me laugh.

Reply #440741 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

o oh hopefully nothing to serious
Bogut to the locker room with a potential back or hip injury?

Reply #440769 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:05 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754