Coopz
Years ago

WAYBACK WEDNESDAY'S

This season the 36ers have come up with a great initiative, trying to incorporate the heritage of the club into the week to week activities of the the current team.

Each Wednesday, Boti will pen a story about one of the all time classic 36ers games vs the team we are set to play that week, and post it on the clubs website.

e.g. This week the sixers play the 'Gong, and Boti has written a flashback story about the 1999 Semi-Final when Rupert Sapwell was the hero.

I am also pleased to be putting together highlight clips for the corresponding games each week.

For this weeks Wayback Wednesday click here:
http://www.adelaide36ers.com/article/id/21b5quq80ylb1qqpyaxr1m6bd

For my video that goes with it click here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCrTIrWCrcY&feature=youtu.be

Keep a look out for each weeks instalment on the 36ers website.

Topic #32886 | Report this topic

DJ  
Years ago

LOVE IT, just wish it was Throwback Thursday, Wayback Wednesday just sounds weird.

Reply #440702 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Mmmm Throwback Thursday does sound better than Wayback Wednesday.

Keep up the good work though Coopz,

Reply #440720 | Report this post

BigAds  
Years ago

Coopz, will/can your clips be show at the games?

Reply #440739 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Good times! Wollongong were great rivals there for a few years. I think that might be the game where I realised Campbell wasn't just some scrub! His shooting just about caused an upset in that game.

How good was Stiff at that point as well? He was just so agile and skilled. He had SIX blocks to go with 22 points @ 80% and 7 rebounds.

And how good was 38 yo Eric Cooks tip-dunk near the end of OT in that game?

I really like this Wayback Wednesday's idea Coopz, so keep it coming! Throwback Thursday is an awesome idea for next season though ;-)

Reply #440742 | Report this post

old aba  
Years ago

Good stuff but slightly disappointed. Thought this might of been bout when aba was played on weds night n u could see a few games at same stadium on one night. Plus sixers players always played to bolster line ups (even though they did this aba season). Use to love those days, pearce v ninnis n davis, rose just getting signed getting off a plane n dropping 20 to 30 n was half asleep. Great memories, wayback wednesdays.

Reply #440749 | Report this post

Proud  
Years ago

Congratulations, great concept and anything that can excite fans even those not supporting 36ers is brilliant.

Is this for every Thursday er Wednesday?

Reply #440784 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

That's a brilliant piece of work from Adelaide, loved the video.

Reply #440788 | Report this post

Flinders80  
Years ago

Love the video, need these types of videos played before each home

Reply #440897 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:06 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754