Northern Brew
Years ago

Taipans VS Breakers 19th OCT.

Thought I'd get this thread rolling.

Breakers on the 2nd of a back to back in what should be a pretty up tempo game against the Crocs. They have depth but so do Cairns now. The Breakers don't really need to prove anything as 3-time defending champions so they'll come out like the usually do whilst the Taipans have a lot of hype this year, they really need to win this one if they are to be genuine Championship contenders. I think the Taipans might squeeze a win out of this one by 7.

Topic #32887 | Report this topic

Mystro  
Years ago

Breakers by 4

Reply #440697 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

Taipans by 5. Being the 2nd game of their northern trip I favour Cairns who are a top 4 chance this season. I agree with northern brew contending teams will win most of their home games.

Reply #440699 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

Taipans by double figures....as long as the Crocs make a game of it tonight !

Reply #440707 | Report this post

Simo  
Years ago

I really like the Taipans this year, i think they've got a very well balanced team, i think they'll beat NZ

Reply #440726 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

surprise surprise Crocs had a win.....Taipans by 16

Reply #440770 | Report this post

Northern Brew  
Years ago

Tipoff delayed by 10 mins apparently

Reply #440845 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Tight game, this could go either way!

Reply #440858 | Report this post

Northern Brew  
Years ago

Anyone know what happened to Trigger?

Reply #440862 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Cruel way to lose for poor Bruton!

I have a suspicion that we will not see any team with less than a .500 from home games at the end of the year, with the heightened parity. Will be good fro the health of the NBL too.

Reply #440866 | Report this post

CT  
Years ago

I've watched a fair few Breakers games when a Bruton 3 has killed the game in the last few minutes. That miss was particularly sweet.

Reply #440870 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

just got home from the game....wow mika vikona is a beast,his stats don't do him justice.

Gliddons 3rd qtr was a cracker, an old head on young shoulders.
Fearne should stay with him more to run the offence rather than Wilson.

taipans had Loughton and burston fouled out for the last 2 mins....lucky to win in the end.

good first up crowd-4,740

Reply #440874 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Great win for the Taipans.
Breakers have a lot to improve on before Perth visit.

Reply #440880 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

CJ Bruton is finding the new interpretations particularly hard.

In recent seasons, he has relied on bodying opponents up, but these are fouls now.

Defensively as a unit they need to sharpen up because they gave up an average of 90ppg on the weekend.

This weekend really showed just how much we are missing Boucher and Jackson for their defense.

I can sense a replacement for Lazare as well.

Personally, Hudson would have been a better fit all along. (I know its only early in the season).
But Hudson gave them very good defense, both in communication and understanding but also his ability to rotate and defend on-ball screens (which they have struggled to do because Vukona has been over-aggresssive on it, Trueman and Lazare too slow)

Reply #440946 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dodgy end to this one. Taipans are -1.5 and win by 1... yeah right. So obvious at the end when the unsportsmanlike was called to help the Breakers edge closer and all the big men were out.

Reply #441067 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

not sure about the conspiracy theory....but what the hell was that call??

Reply #441093 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:56 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754