Rashad
Years ago

Is it time for a new logo Perth/Other NBL Clubs

Just a general topic, but a new logo for the wildcats should surley be on the cards in the next coming seasons? There's nothing wrong with the current one, but it is getting a tad old! Thoughts?

Topic #32889 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think club logo's always need a revamp moving with the times. several years ago, afl clubs begun that task and while not overly popular, people came to get used to it.

keeping a logo the same continues tradition, but newer fans look for something that speaks volumes.

Reply #440755 | Report this post

Proud  
Years ago

Return to something old for a nostalgic feel will always appease me but Wilbur may have to return to looking vicious and not to kid friendly... Wow another winner

I hope come the 2014/15 season with it being 20 years since that title that we see those type coca-cola jerseys and maybe logo and everything will be sweet

Reply #440778 | Report this post

Money Traveler  
Years ago

Cats and Crocs are a bit outdated, but not terrible

Tigers and 36ers really need a professional logo designed. These are terrible

Breakers and Cairns are nice. Hawks is pretty good too.

Kings is simple, yet nostalgic and still looks tidy. Timeless even?

Reply #440816 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

breakers logo is nice????

its terrible! what exactly is it?

Reply #440872 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Apparently Crocs will release a new name & of course logo next season. Many stalwart members want a return to the dark blue colour scheme also.

Reply #440877 | Report this post

Proud  
Years ago

Whatever the case please don't ask the 36ers logo designers to create anything EVER again

Reply #440879 | Report this post

kwest  
Years ago

Breakers, Tigers and Sixers logo's are of pre school quality. Cairns, Wildcats, Kings and Hawks are all good quality

Reply #440898 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Crocs had a redesign in the works for this season until they folded and were put on life support

Reply #440994 | Report this post

Rashad  
Years ago

Be good to see townsville go back to the suns!

Reply #441100 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How about the NBL logo itself? It more resembles Samus from Metroid than anything Bball related.

Reply #441115 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The newer logos coming out are worse than the previous ones so maybe they should just stick to the mid 2000s logos they've been using. Otherwise maybe just go retro and revert back to each 90s design but make some subtle changes to modernise them since the NBL let's face it exists due to those successful years.

Or actually pour money into getting professional logos designed with the new NBL entity collabrating together with a firm to create logos for all eight sides plus a new league logo. Pool the money together and get bang for your buck instead of each club doing it amatuerishly alone.

Reply #441201 | Report this post

Wildcat Fan  
Years ago

My take on the current logos:

Cairns - Good logo, don't change. Maybe a tad too graphical or cartoon like, but its lasted since 1999 and its not looking dated yet, though it will eventually.

Perth - Nice logo, clean and contemporary design. Been around since the early 2000's and no sign of ageing just yet. Maybe due for a slight tweak in the next few seasons, but nothing radical. Don't change, and I don't think they will anyway.

New Zealand - Way too simple, needs a bit more into it other than a ball and a swirl. However, it works well into their jersey's. Not sure about changing it though.

Melbourne - Terrible, clip art like tiger, and average font used. Nothing like their past logos, so a major backward step. They have nice uniforms though, and their logo doesn't look so bad there, but thats the only place it looks OK. No point changing so soon after launching it unfortunately.

Adelaide - Very average, similar to Melbourne's, but not as bad, and I don't like their font. Their previous logo was miles better. Did not need a new logo at this stage.

Wollongong - Its OK. The Hawks font looks a bit heavy for my liking. No need to change for a few years though, as its still quite new.

Sydney - Terrific logo since they have used it since their inception (1988) with only minor tweaks. I don't think they plan on changing it anytime soon, nor should they.

Townsville - Poor logo in my opinion. The Croc is too cartoon like, they have the McDonald's golden arch sponsor incorporated too heavily, and the Crocodiles font is too decorative or "cartoony". Its more of a miss than a hit. Definitely due for something new. Perhaps will change to say "Brisbane Bullets" next season? ;) - I hope not of course...

Reply #441250 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

New logo ... can we paint a picture of Kevin Bartlett's head on the game balls? His head looks suitably round.

Reply #441253 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:09 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754