Anonymous
Years ago

NBA games is Aus?

For those who haven't seen the latest blog from NBA.com

there might finally be some NBA games headed our way. Rumor or not this sounds pretty exciting.

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2013/10/20/canada-market-booms-down-under-ready-for-nba-close-up/?ls=nbahpsplit1

Topic #32904 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not surprised. Philippines had their first NBA team vs. NBA team game last week which is unbelievable considering how big the sport is there. So they are finally looking at the world.

"Australia ranks No. 1 in subscribers to NBA League Pass International and in NBAstore.com's international revenue." Wow!

Reply #441018 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The rest of the world is in a recession while Australia is more or less booming, which might account for some portion of us having comparatively lots of disposable income to throw at NBA jerseys and LP subscriptions...

Reply #441062 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

I can't see why they shouldn't come here, but whether they do or not is another question. The LA Dodgers are opening their 2014 MLB season against the Arizona Diamondbacks at the SCG, and we had the "American Bowl" NFL game between the San Diego Chargers and Denver Broncos back in 1999.

No prizes for guessing where an NBA game would be played if they did bring one here - Acer Arena (Sydney again.....what a shock), though I guess Rod Laver Arena and the Perth Arena would also be candidates. Sadly I can't see any NBA games being played in Adelaide, either at the Arena or the Entertainment Centre.....both are just too small.

Reply #441109 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:52 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754