#45 hoops
Years ago

James ennis-face of nbl marketing?

Just my opinon, but The nbl should put out some tv ads out and promote james ennis alot, make everyone know he's a star and that he won't be here for long before he goes back to the nba.
A tv ad like, ''come see james ennis and the perth wildcats take on your sydney kings this sunday, tickets at sydney kings.com''
Good idea or not?

Topic #32905 | Report this topic

Spinner  
Years ago

Any promotional work for the NBL would be great. I have always struggled to understand why a game that has so many participants at different levels has such a low profile compared to other sports in Australia. Channel 7 news last night didn't even mention the two games played in Adelaide on Saturday night - unbelievable!!

But yes, use the big names and in particular any players linked with NBA.

Reply #441011 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01omR0xFcco

Reply #441012 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

I already thought he was the face of the league?
he's pretty much all they talk about on FB etc.

he looks pretty good from what I have seen of him.

Reply #441016 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Facebook is only a market for people that already follow the game.

TV Ads are very much needed.

Advertising of the NBL product is appalling

Reply #441019 | Report this post

BALLER#3  
Years ago

The NBL and almost all of its clubs major weakness is the lack of advertising. Watched the news before going to the game saturday night. Not even a preview or anything, talked about ennis dunking but nothing about the 6ers playing in an hour or anything.

Reply #441023 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Have a bit of a chuckle to myself at that foul.

Poor Sydney Kings player slips on the signage, hardly makes contact but gets posterised and gets called for the foul LOL.

Reply #441025 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Wildcats do a heap of outdoor marketing (the streetlight banners down Wellington (and I think St Georges), the CBD bus stops, on the Transperth buses.

Partly as a result of initiatives like that (and other factors, but this helps) their crowd averages are highest in the league, they get a lot of love from the local media and brand awareness of the Wildcats in WA is very high.

Reply #441026 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

From what I've heard. Ennis is a bit of a drop kick/let down.

Reply #441027 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Averaging 24 points 6 boards 3 assists 2 blocks 2 steals on 57% and 60% 3pt line and only on 13 shots a game is hardly. The Tiger fans looked like a bunch tools trying to put him off his game, if anything he destroyed then in the last quarter. Redhage also showed that Worthington isnt even in his league right now.

Reply #441031 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

I'd love to know whose bright idea it was to hold up a bloody Heat singlet at him. I mean honestly, like he's not going to see that and think "Yep, if I play well, that's what's ahead of me."

Could have been worth an extra couple points at the end of the day!

Reply #441034 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And i'll be a rich, rich man you you tools will allways be a nobody.

Reply #441037 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dexA4t1reg

Reply #441057 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

@'1037

Ahaha, funny anons.

Reply #441059 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Don't over invest in someone unlikely to be here for the long term. Invest in a broader range of identities, including Ennis.

Reply #441071 | Report this post

Choppy Galopy  
Years ago

Yep pretty handy for pick # 50.

As for the Heat top, well every second kid has one.

Reply #441080 | Report this post

Glen  
Years ago

http://www.theroar.com.au/2013/10/21/james-ennis-dunking-his-way-into-aussie-hearts/

Someone read your mind...

There have been a range of positive NBL articles on the Roar lately. There could always be more though but it's a nice start

Reply #441089 | Report this post

catsfan  
Years ago

@ the situation - i don't think james ennis is a drop kick by any means. there was an article about him in the newspaper on saturday in Perth. it was all about how he grew up in tough (poor) conditions in California and had to work to support his family. he could have gone any way, he could be in a gang and associating with drugs, or he could put the work in to become a successful athlete. the reason he came to Perth was to support his struggling family, including his mother with a physical disability. i don't call this a drop kick, i call this inspirational.

Reply #441102 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Re: the dropkick claim.

Not getting Summers confused with Ennis are you?

Reply #441103 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

Sounds like most folk here aren't familiar with the Melbourne Tigers Chants handed out at the game

Reply #441107 | Report this post

Cats 4 life  
Years ago

That is very sad to see! Poor form! Im glad we got redhage, he can flop as long as he is on fire the whole season! Why do people on here dislike perth so much?

Reply #441111 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Are the Melbourne Tigers 12?

Reply #441117 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why do I hate redhage so much. Did you people ever see what a general/commando he was with NW Tasmania Thunder. He got a name for being a thug in SEABL. Enough said cos the tool doesn't deserve any good word about him

Reply #441119 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

Pick on Players

No.42 - Sean Redhage
1. Commando x5

Reply #441123 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

General Redhage the Commando? Admit it anon, you're actually Redhage aren't you?

Reply #441138 | Report this post

Proud  
Years ago

I'm not understanding how popularity and being spoken about during the news is your basis on basketball sucking ?

How are we going to rectify this?

I love channel 7 but let's face it they are lucky to give us 4 minutes of sports news/results and when they used to just show the scores from around the league then I felt let down they didn't show any highlights and when they had showed highlights I was upset they hadn't done a full report on the game... I may have been young at the time but now I have NBL.tv I don't complain.

What would it take for channel 7 (for example) to show reports/highlights/scores on the NBL on their nightly coverage? Is it needing a big name or monetary support or more teams or WHAT?

Reply #441412 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Proud, more of their viewers need to care. Not their job to bring more viewers to our game.

Reply #441413 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:40 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754