Anonymous
Years ago

Globetrotters on Friday clashes with juniors

Would we not encourage kids and adults alike to go and watch an extremely skilled and entertaining group of players. Were the promotors not thinking?

Not sure how ticket sales are going, but may be better on a Saturday night?

Not happy to miss out!!

Topic #32913 | Report this topic

alexkrad  
Years ago

If you cant give up whatever else you have on Friday night you obviously aren't as interested in the Globetrotters as whatever it was you were already doing.

Reply #441144 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think the point here is that all the kids that play Basketball Friday night are likely to miss out. I bought my tickets before the draw was released hoping that my kid would be playing somewhere close and not at Starplex or Morphett Vale.

I lucked out and they are playing close to the Arena at 6:15 so we will head to the Globetrotters straight after the game finishes.

Ticket sales would have been far better if the game was on a Saturday night.

Reply #441148 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I went in Perth on Friday night and it was a pretty good show. More kid friendly then I remember. I think there would have been 8,000 to 9,000 in attendance at Perth Arena.

Reply #441149 | Report this post

Annon  
Years ago

They have commitments in other capital cities on Thurs and Sat then they head home. Perhaps BSA could have rescheduled that nights program as they have known about the GT tour for a while........ It is 90min show starting at 7.30 so some will make it.

Reply #441151 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It was on in Perth on Saturday night!

Reply #441152 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Wollongong have theirs tonight... On a Tuesday. Brisbane have theirs tomorrow... On a Wednesday etc.
I think Friday night is a good night to go watch basketball.
It's a National tour, not just an Adelaide event.

Reply #441157 | Report this post

Andrew  
Years ago

In Cairns Saturday night, should be great! Why don't you fly up for it?

Reply #441161 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

The kids can miss one week of playing, they wont get dropped from the team.

Reply #441174 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

newy it is a tuesday i believe

Reply #441176 | Report this post

Anon12  
Years ago

I believe a fair observation would be that BSA probably don't care (because they don't get anything out of the venue) and also it would not enter their minds to be proactive. Problems like this go into the too hard basket or the shredder.

Reply #441184 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

Because the world doesn't revolve around you

Reply #441246 | Report this post

Unanon  
Years ago

Our entire 18 team were going to buy tickets and head to the show
So should we just forfeit the game on Friday night

Reply #441437 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No offense alexkrad, but you obviously dont understand organised sport.(DISTRICT BASKETBALL). When you play for a team that is what you are in,, a team.. Can just see a Div 1 District coach saying to a FEW kids.."yeah, no worries, just go to the event,because this division wasnt very serious anyway,.lol and by the way, you may as well find an event next week, and the week after to, because there will be someone else that actually wants, and is waiting for your spot.. guess it sorts out the watchers from the dedicated kids, or someone that flakes out the minute something else jumps.

Reply #441444 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

alexkrad = never played district ball.

Reply #441544 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Have you watched the globe "trotters" on Foxtel? Wow

Good luck if you want to pay to see that, like a sad basketball version of Disney on "Ice"

Go watch your kids play would be my advice....

Reply #441553 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:49 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754