Anonymous
Years ago

Leilani Mitchell Named WNBL Player of the Week

"Dandenong Rangers star guard Leilani Mitchell produced a masterful display in the Rangers' 84-81 win over the Townsville Fire to claim the WNBL Player of the Week for Round Three.

In just her third game for the Rangers, the WNBA star was the master playmaker against the Fire, finishing the contest with 13 points (3-of-5 3FG) and a game-high 11 assists - further enhancing her reputation as an elite point guard in the WNBL."

Seems to have fitted into the WNBL lifestyle and Dandenong team dynamic nicely! Would be hard pressed to finder a smarter PG in the league right now!

Topic #32914 | Report this topic

Years ago

one of many awards she will win

Reply #441206 | Report this post

Pauly B  
Years ago

I was at the game and she was very impressive especially in the pick n roll. Other WNBL clubs must be kicking themselves for not knowing about her being able to be signed as an Aussie.

Reply #441211 | Report this post

SamCro  
Years ago

I also was at this game & yes Mitchell did play well but from where I sit Kunek was probably the difference between the team's & O'Hea's last quarter was superb. No way did I think Mitchell ended up with 11 assists watching it live. Mitchell does run the pick & roll to perfection I must say & has the best 'handles' in the league no doubt!

Reply #441220 | Report this post

Years ago

IMO the word is getting out we have ahalf decent league - not a big payer in anyway - but any switched on pro female basketballer would know we have agreat lifestyle.and good comp. So a season or two in Australia on their cv is cool. Lets face it an Aussie summer in the southern hemisphere for the Americans would be appealing. Another factor is a speaking the same language - many have commented how.much easier it is. The women's comp is coming of age and all going well expect some regular imports. And yes Mitchell is an awesome pick up. I would suggest many did not entertain because of the perception of never attracting frontline wnba guards.

Reply #441240 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hope she plays for the Opals next year at the Worlds.

Reply #441327 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:52 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754