Straight Fringe
Years ago

Road trips - Poor behaviour

I have heard some reports of the antics from (Mod: a team) apparently they would put the canterbury bulldogs to shame.

(Mod: Specifics removed.)

I think that people involved need to have a look at themselves and remember that they are representing their club and South Australia when they are away. Have some respect, if not for your club or state, at least for yourself.

(Mod: I think this covers the general gist. No replies with names or specifics please. Should this post be true, I'm sure that the club in question will deal with it internally. I have been requested to remove the post entirely, but would prefer any honest intentions (i.e., the message) of it to remain.)

Topic #3292 | Report this topic

Nutwork  
Years ago

i must confess to some poor behaviour on my road trip to melbourne & geelong on the weekend!

i hope the board is proud of me!

(ps. no basketball was involved)

Reply #37781 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yeah i recall one fella getting arrested a few years back on one of those trips...

Reply #37784 | Report this post

Derryn Hinch  
Years ago

Shame shame shame!

Reply #37785 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Nutwork

I have been told that your behaviour had consisted of nothing more than selling "Rolex" watches at the Vic Markets whilst wearing a trench coat.

Reply #37804 | Report this post

Nutwork  
Years ago

Kent,

Your shoddy journalism is not to be believed, i wasn't selling anything...however i was wearing a trenchcoat.

Reply #37812 | Report this post

Mott the Hoople  
Years ago

Nutwork

You do realise you may require glasses upon your return to Adelaide.

Reply #37819 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Worse than the Canterbury Bulldogs. I assume criminal charges will follow so regardless of whether you censor it or not Isaac, we're gonna find out!

What a wowser. Imagine fear of lawsuits stopping a good gossip session!

Reply #37850 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

It stopped the official forum!

Reply #37870 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

who is straight fringe

Reply #37875 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Dunno, but he should move with the times and get a perm. Just let your soul glow!

Apologies to those who don't know who the McDowell family is!

Reply #38022 | Report this post

?????  
Years ago

It seems some people need to get the facts right. the teams associated did rather well in the competition making it to the finals. when they wore their uniform they behaved and focused on the court. the people associated also didnt go around partying in their uniform publising they are playing baskteball and where they are from, so it just like if they went out in adelaide.

Reply #38034 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Found a website for straight fringe. MSN - I love this game!

http://women.msn.com/1167881.armx?GT1=6657

Reply #38045 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Moses, taste the soup.

Reply #38090 | Report this post

what the  
Years ago

I do not worry about the players - it's the parents that open my eyes!

Reply #38093 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

how do these people know what happens on the trips if they werent there?

Reply #38135 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

a couple of years back we broke a set of traffic lights. last year my whole team got smashed on the last night. its all in good fun

Reply #38137 | Report this post

SHUTTLESWORTH  
Years ago

I was on this so called bad behavour trip on the weekend and must say what happened on the trip away, I have done worse in front of my parents. I hope whoever straight fringe is, they have their facts correct next time they decide to post garbage like this.

Reply #38151 | Report this post

ShutUp!!  
Years ago

WHO-TR SO-TR

"What Happens On The Road,
Stays On The Road."

Reply #38156 | Report this post

X  
Years ago

nothing illegal happened. it was a normal sat night. I'm beginning to think that straight fringe hasn't got out of the house for quite a while. i want to help you straight finge: here's a tip- turn off the computer (press the off button).

Reply #38257 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Geez,
my last basketball road trip was Canberra, we played 2 games a day over the week, the place we stayed in provided a free keg a night, we often didn't get back to our rooms until 3-4am (most times it wasn't our room, but another room/bed/lift floor/stairwell/poolside deck chair/bath tub), first game at 9am.

There were rules:
- No spewing on the Court
- Any spew was a case of Crownies to the opposition team
- No burps (incase of follow through)
- No farting on Court (beer does bad things to the bowel, refer to no burping clause!!!)
- Sleeping on the edge of the Court is allowed.
- Digital Camera's are banned
- Video Camera's are allowed, but for only personal reasons inside hotel rooms

but the most important rule that everyone swears by is:

WHAT HAPPENS ON TOUR STAYS ON TOUR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To the peanut that started this thread, they have obviously never been on a tour, or if they had, they had to take their mother with them and shared the room. Tosser!!!

Reply #38263 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

sorry about the double posting but referring to my above post...

Watch out New Zealand in 2005 and we will be killing Adelaide in 2006.......

Reply #38264 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

?????, SHUTTLESWORTH, X, you all need to realise that when you go away on these basketball carnivals you are not only representing your club, but your state as well. Regardless of whether your in uniform or not, the locals know when there is a carnival on, your behviour will reflect badly on our state.

What Straight Fringe has said is valid, and you being defensive only highlights guilt at the antics that went down. If you can't handle your booze, dont drink.

basketball trips are great fun, but it doesn't need to get out of hand. I am sure the club involved will handle the situation appropriatly.

Reply #38276 | Report this post

?????  
Years ago

anonymous once again you are surmising what was said by straight fringe was correct - they obviously werent there and from a different club therefore looking to stir - im sure if they looked at their own club thered be no difference. it's like the old chinese whispers story is totally different by the end

Reply #38303 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

geez ppl, like everyone else has already said, what happens on the road, stays on the road. straight fringe: u cant go around sayin stuff like that...really and truly who the hell are you to judge? a good time was had and nuthin illegal happened so wheres the problem? with ppl handling their booze....what the?

Reply #38355 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:55 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754