Tekutch
Years ago

Should Mitch Creek play more?

Two very good games in a row now, but they are at 10-13 minute bursts.

Does he deserve more minutes?

Topic #32941 | Report this topic

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Deserves a razor first!

Reply #441694 | Report this post

fstos  
Years ago

Who is going to play less to accommodate these minutes?

Reply #441711 | Report this post

Joshuapending  
Years ago

I don't know but he was massive tonight.

Reply #441712 | Report this post

skud  
Years ago

He needs to keep proving himself and the minutes will come. Frye is the one taking his minutes right now and he is a more complete and able player than Creek.

Reply #441713 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

Joey saw that he was influencing the game in the last and left him out there....if he keeps having an impact like that then his mins will increase.

Reply #441715 | Report this post

fstos  
Years ago

Or was he out there because Frye was wounded? Can't fault what Creek did tonight but it is only a couple of games and as others have said he needs to string more of them together. Not saying it wont happen though.

Reply #441716 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

He has all the tools and is still young. His upper body strength finishing through contact is impressive. If he keeps defenders honest from the 3, he will be very hard to guard with the new rule interpretations.

Reply #441719 | Report this post

skud  
Years ago

I actually think Creek has come back from his injury a better player. Still a long season to judge but he has had a really good start to the season, more mature and a stronger upper body.

Reply #441720 | Report this post

Ayjay  
Years ago

Should Mitch Creek play more?

YES!

Reply #441728 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

without a doubut but then u need to sub someone out. who? everyone does their bit. its one of those things, jostling for position and mitch will get his time.

Reply #441730 | Report this post

Harry Hopeless  
Years ago

Nice game Steven Weigh!

Reply #441733 | Report this post

sixtiesrockstar  
Years ago

Mitch Creek can be the superstar of this league. With deep benches and rotation systems the minutes won't come quick enough.
He really needs a dozen games of high 30mins. For the coach to leave him out there and let him develop. I would like to see the coach take that risk as I think it would payoff. But with deep benches, you would ruin the other players so that won't be happening.

Reply #441738 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

The thread should read, 'should Mitch Creek play like that more often'?

The answer in this case would be a resounding yes please...

Reply #441746 | Report this post

LanceUppercut  
Years ago

Yeah agree Bear, if Creek continues to play like that the minutes should follow.

As for Weigh, I haven't followed his game as closely as some on here, but from what i've seen (and correct me if I am wrong) he is really inconsistent. looks like he should be a good player, has good height and strength for his position, but hasn't developed into the player people expected..the things that were an issue when he came into the league still seem to be an issue. no soft touch, can't seem to finish with any contact, doesn't seem to create his own shot very well, inconsistent shot..I would really like to be impressed by Weighs game but when I watch him, it feels like guys with a lot less size are much more effective players and continue to improve their game. (btw i don't come on here to be critical of players normally, its just that I would've expected him to be a star of this league by now, and ill be the first to eat my words if his performance improves this season).

Reply #441749 | Report this post

ricey  
Years ago

Have to remember the bloke has just came back from a serious injury

Reply #441845 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

So far I'm really liking the new Mitch Creek we are seeing this season. He definitely looks to have improved his ball-handling, is smarter about how he attacks the rim and is hitting the open three.
If he keeps this up, he will definitely get more minutes!

Reply #441859 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:37 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754