Anonymous
Years ago

Friday night results?

Friday night results ??

Topic #32942 | Report this topic

l  
Years ago

Yes did the one-sided business go on again?

Reply #441722 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sturt dominated Norwood in both div 1 and 2

Reply #441726 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is that girls or boys your talking?

Reply #441753 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Both. U18s was fairly close in both boys and girls I think but the rest was all one way traffic.

Reply #441784 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lol Sturt dominated every friday night game?

Reply #441793 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Centrals won 14 girls & boys and 16 boys against woodville

Woodville 18 boys would have won as up double digits. Central 18 girls were up in last quarter but close. Not sure how ended up.

Reply #441810 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can someone tell me why the Norwood v Mavs u16 girls game in Round 1 was a 20-0 forfeit?

I know the game was actually played.

Reply #442068 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What was the score on the court?

Reply #442078 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think it was Mavericks 64 v 27 or 28 to Norwood.. somewhere around that.. well thats closer to the right score than 0 v 20

Reply #442098 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Uncleared played I would suggest

Reply #442129 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yep Anon 129 you are correct , the poor old Norwood girls program cannot get a thing right . The u14 girls still dont have a coach and the U16's are a rabble , hope someone can get control of this mess at the Flames for all the players sakes.

Reply #442168 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What the hell is the JDM getting paid to do?

Reply #442170 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

168, you are right about both of those, but that's just the tip of the iceberg.

Reply #442198 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Two rounds in and Norwood division 1 teams have one win between them. The only team to win so far is the under 18 boys who always seem to be the only Norwood team to do OK. What is going on out there?

Reply #442209 | Report this post

Years ago

yeah ,apparently sturt 16 boys started their second 5 and norwoods new catch and shoot ,didn't come off ,again .

Reply #442219 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

209, don't worry about Norwood, they played the Eastern Magpies in R1 and Super Sabres in R2. A cynical punter would question the draw, but after R9 they all play each other.

Reply #442234 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Mind you, all div 1 teams should play 50% at home. In a 13 round season, some will play 6 and some 7.

7 Home Games: Forestville, Centrals, Norwood, Eastern, Sturt
6 Home Games: West, Tigers, South, Woodville, North

I assume in the last summer season (13 rounds) it went:

6 Home Games: Forestville, Centrals, Norwood, Eastern, Sturt
7 Home Games: West, Tigers, South, Woodville, North

It would be kind of biased if one club consistently received 7/13 home games per summer season wouldn't it?

Reply #442235 | Report this post

Years ago

yes jack ,that would be biased if that was the case.And not fair .Sort of reminds me of the "monetary afl draw decisions ".Or as they say now,business driven ?I suggested a rolling fixture for the footy,and can't see y it couldn't b implemented to basketball .Still Norwood definitely underperforming .

Reply #442237 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Early days, but a quick look at the table in U12 to U18 Div 1 boys and girls shows these wins:

Sturt 12, Eastern 11, Southern 10, Forestville 10, South 8, Centrals 7, North 6, West 5, Woodville 5, Norwood 1

Reply #442242 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

gotta love the pampered draw for Eagles U16 Div 1 Girls

Gawler?..no... Centrals at home
Mt Barker?..no... Mavs at home
Morphett Vale?..no... Tigers at home

almost make you think an Eagles Coach has stacked the draw..oh..that's right ..THEY HAVE

Reply #442331 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who is their coach?

Reply #442335 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Eagles must feel threatened by the powerhouses of Centrals and Southern on their home turf... yeah, right.

Enlighten me: how would the coach manage to pull off a rigged draw?

In any case the motive is definitely there - Summer results are pretty much everything nowadays.

Iron-clad conspiracy theory.

Reply #442338 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Didn't Norwood recruit a catch and shoot player in U16's to fit in with the new coach and his assistant's game plan? Even Marty took a few weeks for things to gel so I wouldn't worry about Norwood too much yet

Reply #442341 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

I would like to see the draw from last year's summer season and compare the draws. There seems to be just a few too many lucky breaks for some clubs.

Reply #442347 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

U16 Girls and Boys from Forestville avoid Starplex and Morphett Vale stadia. But then again so do Sturt boys. Who's pampered - the kids or the taxi parents? Tigers and Lions play each other twice at each others home (cancels out?). I thought the least we could expect was one safari at Port and the other hunt at Mt Barker.

Reply #442357 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Here the link between perception and reality. http://www.hoops.com.au/forum/6072-paul-arnott-replaces-colin-thompson/

I'd be surprised if there wasn't more instances.

Reply #442358 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can someone please explain the Norwood catch and shoot game plan please??

Reply #442359 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Could someone please dig out the schedule from last summer season and look at the Forestville Div 1 draw. There would have been 13 games. Could someone confirm or deny if Forestville played 6 or 7 of those 13 games at home.

In addition, if the away stadiums were broken down into:

Outer Stadiums (Centrals, Eastern, Southern)
Inner Stadiums (West, Woodville, North, South, Norwood, Sturt)

BTW, the probability of being lucky enough to play 6 of 6 away games at inner stadiums by random is only 1 chance in 84. The chances of being lucky enough to do it two seasons in a row is 1 in 7,056.

Reply #442364 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Didn't Norwood recruit a catch and shoot player in U16's to fit in with the new coach and his assistant's game plan?"

Who is the coach and who is this assistant?

And what is this game plan? I've seen them play this season and I didn't think there was one.

Reply #442369 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Newbie,

I disagree with Norwood underperforming. They have been performing at this level for several seasons now so I would argue they are performing at a level consistent with their recent poor performance

Reply #442370 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Surely after 30 posts this need to degenerate into a Sturt bashing on their poaching and referee intimidation.

Common Jack, you are usually leading the charge with a good troll.

Reply #442401 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

201, you sound like you're trying to deflect attention away from Forestville to Sturt? I think even the Sturt people agree on those points you raised so there's no need to go there.

Doesn't anyone have the draw from last summer season so we can confirm or deny where Forestville Div 1 played?

Reply #442415 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Forestville 16 Boys 1: 7 Home, 6 Away last Summer

Reply #442418 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Which stadiums were the away games played?

Reply #442424 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

We did have the three furthest
Port, Mt Barker, St Clair, Starplex, Pasadena & Morphett Vale

Reply #442427 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

There you go, probably no bias with the opponent draw then.

Reply #442437 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If you believe an anonymous hoops poster.

Reply #442450 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sad and petty forum

Reply #442546 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

get back to work Paul...

Reply #442698 | Report this post

Phobos 17  
Years ago

Might pay a few people to check their facts before they start the finger pointing, innuendos and name calling.

Sad to seek you got sucked into the pettiness on this one Jack.

Reply #442907 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Criticism of basketball in SA has always been defended by insulting or ridiculing the poster and not addressing the issues. There isn't a debate of friendly draws for a chosen few, it's cast in iron. I can give example after example of travelling inconsistencies where teams in state champs are disadvantaged by playing at Southern for instance in the last game of the night and playing bearcats the next morning at around 8. It's not just the travel but the time of playing that is shonky. As for Friday night games,the minnows travel further more often.

Reply #442908 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

BSA treat the association like fools, assume people don't notice inconsistency, refuse to be accountable and use the game against people they don't like.

Reply #442910 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Apart from justice being done, it must seen to be done. It is not petty if the draw was found to be biased.

Reply #442912 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Our club provided information to BSA when the Hillcrest floor was out of action with water damage, regarding teams playing more away games.

Their response was that games were being shuffled to the nearest stadium.

When it was looked at further, there was games being out into our home stadium even though there were 2 closer venues where only 28 percent of games on our home court were home teams. And not surprisingly, at Wayville there was 88 percent Forestville games on the similar court, because entire Hillcrest schedules were bypassing Wayville and going to our home stadium.

Despite asking numerous times for a response. BSA refused to even acknowledge our concerns.

Reply #442913 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

makes sound business sense to look after your major income streams..problem is its also supposed to be a 'balanced' draw..BSA treading that fine line of looking after the big Clubs and hoping no-one notices

Reply #442935 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

not the big clubs, the ones with the biggest names

Reply #442937 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

South Australian Basketball captured in one forum

Reply #442941 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:29 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754