Goads
Years ago

Delly has made the final Cavs roster

Here is his tweet and pic from an hour ago.
https://twitter.com/matthewdelly/status/393828184375848961/photo/1

And also this confirming the other players cut from the cavs roster.
http://www.nba.com/cavaliers/releases/cavs-waive-four-131025

Great work Delly!

Topic #32945 | Report this topic

XY  
Years ago

Congrats Delly

Reply #441740 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Great news, I officially have three teams to follow in the NBA now, Spurs, Warriors and Cav's...

Reply #441742 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

^ Ditto.

Congrats to Delly!

Reply #441745 | Report this post

LanceUppercut  
Years ago

Thats awesome! It looked certain a few games ago that Delly would make the roster esp. with the positive comments made by Coach Brown but his last two games (at least from a stat line) weren't impressive so at least the Cavs had seen enough to realise Delly is a talented backup pure PG.

Delly really improved his performance with the Cavs since summer league and with Jack out for 10 days started to show the them what everyone here has seen him do with Gaels and the Boomers. Even if he gets sent to Canton Charge for a while, at least it will allow him to continue to learn the Cavs systems and play against fast guards.

On a side note Jermaine Taylor looks impressive and really deserve a spot in the league somewhere, can really flat-out play.thankfully it didn't come at Delly's expense, but considering guys like Garrett Temple, nando de colo & Damien Wilkins have a contract I can't see why Taylor shouldn't.

Reply #441748 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Another one of Marty's boys make good, well done Delly!

Reply #441751 | Report this post

Choppy Galopy  
Years ago

Yerrrrrrrrrrrrr Delly.

Taylor will get a job somewhere. He can defend, score ok, great athlete. Probably 6th in line when they only want 5 after going with 3rd pg and an extra big in Sims as cover for Bynum and even Zeller at the moment.

Reply #441756 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

great news for Delly, all that hard work paid off.

Reply #441759 | Report this post

rohant16  
Years ago

Hard work pays off. Couldn't happen to a better guy. Congratulations!

Reply #441760 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Awesome!!! Couldnt happen to a nicer guy.

Reply #441763 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Amazing to think that yesterday Delly was just some average schmo playing basketball, and suddenly today he is capable of lighting up the Euroleague or dominating the NBL now that he is on the end of an NBA roster.
Heaven forbid they cut him after this season, because then he would go back to being a crappy no-hoper.
Anyway congrats to Delly, I always knew he had it in him to make this massive overnight quantum leap.

Reply #441767 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How about some logic anon. Delly started at PG for the Boomers in the Olympics. Would that not mean he is the best point guard in Australia? (If not, you must know more than Brett Brown. He's only an NBA head coach, so I'm sure he doesn't rank as high as the head coaches in the NBL or Europe in your book.) Which would mean Delly would probably fair pretty well in the Australian National Basketball League? I reckon he'd fair pretty well in Europe too. If his time in the NBA doesn't last, I'm sure that will be illustrated for you.

Reply #441769 | Report this post

Bball fan  
Years ago

^what he said.

Reply #441771 | Report this post

rohant16  
Years ago

There's always someone who has to piss on the good news

Reply #441773 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

Great news for Delly. Congrats

Reply #441774 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Since it was not clear my earlier post #441767 was not hating on Delly at all. I rate him highly. One of the smartest toughest and hardest working going around. I was just making fun of those clowns around here who think that being in the NBA is the only measure of who is a good player and that you aint shit if you aint in the NBA. Nathan Jawai and Paul Rogers were drafted to the NBA and Delly wasn't, which just proves that NBA scouts don't know everything and plenty of very good players slip through the cracks. Glad Delly didn't.

Reply #441778 | Report this post

Choppy Galopy  
Years ago

If he makes the floor and only ever bounces the ball once he's an NBA player.

Reply #441785 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Well done Delly!

From going undrafted, to snaring an NBA roster spot. Just reward for someone who is super intelligent but works harder than just about anyone else.

Reply #441801 | Report this post

fstos  
Years ago

At least there will now be a few young men in Wollongong who will now be able to say. We would have been National U/14 champions if the Spectres hadn't imported a future NBA player.

Reply #441809 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Congrates Delly.
Now that he has made the 15 man squad.
Does that mean the whole 2 year 1.3 million deal becomes fully guaranteed?
Or does the $100K guarantee stay in place?

Reply #441865 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

only the $100k is guaranteed. The rest still remains unguaranteed and they can waive him at any time and not have to pay him any more... which hopefully won't happen!

Congrats Delly!

Reply #441909 | Report this post

hoopie  
Years ago

Love it!! You Beauty!!!!

Reply #441990 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

@fstos....didn't know at U14's you could have imports!

He probably went to a city club for better competition on a regular basis....and looks like the sacrifice paid off!

Reply #442001 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:39 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754