Mick
Years ago

Crocs @ Hawks, Saturday night

The gong host their 2001 grand final victims in their 1000th NBL game.

Tips?

Topic #32948 | Report this topic

Moneyballer  
Years ago

Gong by 12

Reply #441811 | Report this post

fstos  
Years ago

If the Hawks get half decent shooting nights from Clarke and Forman they are specials. Two tough road losses to good teams in games where their marksman did not fire. Now they are back home their form has been good enough to suggest they can get this.

The key will be controlling the tempo. The Crocs new high octane style delivered them the win against the Breakers and a loss in a high scoring game against Cairns. Gordie will have plans to slow it down to the Gongs pace. Hawks by 7.

Reply #441812 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Got a feeling townsville will spoil the party. Haven't been impressed with hawks this year after loving their brand of ball from last season, however it's still early.

All depends on which townsville team shows up: the dumb, selfish one from round 1 or the hustling, ball sharing 'play the right way' team that toppled the breakers.

Should be a great game and a close one either way. Two teams who like to share the ball.

Reply #441813 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

What is up with NBL.tv? Says this game starts at 8:30?? Am getting no video or audio. Game is scheduled to tip off at 7:30 according to the league schedule.

Reply #441818 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

I can't get anything either. I heard a voice for a split second then just loading.

Reply #441819 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's just come on now on mine.......oh wait it's frozen

Reply #441820 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Now it's on

Reply #441821 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

i got nothing.

Pretty annoying when this happens with free content, let alone something you're paying for...

Reply #441822 | Report this post

illuminate  
Years ago

Just keep refreshing - should work

Reply #441823 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

Hey Mich have you got it yet? I can't get it.

Reply #441824 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Nope. Just did a speed test and I'm running at 30 mbps so it's not on my end. Refreshed a bunch of times and nothing.

Reply #441825 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

Still can't get it

Reply #441826 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

GOT IT!!!

Reply #441827 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Just started working for me. 2 mins into game.

Reply #441828 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

How bad are NBL refs at getting the right call when a defender jumps vertically in proper position? Its like if you contest a shot and there is body contact its immediately a defensive foul...

Reply #441829 | Report this post

illuminate  
Years ago

I'm not sure there will be a lot a defense in this game...

Reply #441830 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Clarke on fire early. Crocs have missed several easy looks in the paint.

Reply #441831 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Hawks up 4 at the half. Crocs could be up big if they converted looks in the paibt. Have had 7 extra FG attempts and they havent been bad looks at all.

Reply #441832 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

At the quarter*

Reply #441833 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Markovic would have ten assists at the half if our boneheaded bigs could catch and finish...

Reply #441834 | Report this post

fstos  
Years ago

The game at Hawks pace at present. Tiggs starting to make his presence felt. Gordie looks like he has ended up with two decent imports with his menial allowance.

Reply #441835 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Both hawks imports can shoot from range and can get to the rim. Ie. The two most efficient shots in basketball. Never hurts.

Crocs half court defense is terrible. Our guards cant contain anyone. Opposing ballhandlers get what they want especially in p&r situations.

It's never good when jake holmes is your leading scorer. It means the bulk of your offense is coming from the worst kind of shots in basketball...

And I will ask the same question I ask every time the crocs play: why does todd blanchfield, our most efficient and gifted scorer, have so few shots?

Reply #441836 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Officiating has been the usual stench of awful. Its been going both ways but the hawks have a massive FT advantage despite Townsville taking a tonne of attempts in the paint.

Reply #441837 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Pace has single handedly lost us this game. So many brainfarts.

Reply #441839 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

How many times do we have to see quick small guys like Gary Ervin or Mitch Norton slip on cheap advert decals on open layups in the paint before the league puts some semblance of quality control in place?

Reply #441840 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Saw J.Frye go down on a white decal here one day at training and it hurts. Probably weakened his ankle.

Reply #441842 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Unsure why the home team gets favoured so much with lesser fouls. I call this cheating more so cos The Crocs in the past have been passive whereas the hawks have been the agressors.

Guess this new style of reffing is suited towards the home team unless u followed last nights match with the taipans and 36ers

Reply #441843 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Mick, are you still standing by the comparison of Rusty to Loughton?

Reply #441850 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

I'm I the only one impressed with the commentary of the game? Tom King seems to be a pretty legit commentator

Reply #441852 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Decent game, although I'll admit to being pretty surprised when I saw the FG% was 49% and 44%. Also, I don't think there's anything more annoying to me when I'm watching than a blown layup.

Glad the Hawks could get it done for their milestone.

Reply #441855 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Clarke with 23 despite 1/6 threes. Would hope the Hawks could see Townsville off easier than this, but a win is a win.

Reply #441856 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Both rusty and loughton are bigs that arent great inside and get by on "leadership". Rusty is also six years older than Loughton.

Having said that Loughton has been great so far this year. Last season it looked as though he was in a state of rapid decline and appeares well on his way to rustydom.

Also I would much rather have Alex loughton on my team, and think Russell Hinder is a terrible leader.

Reply #441870 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:46 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754