Rav
Years ago

Adams forces way into rotation

Insider Write Up about Adams:
To be honest, I watched a couple of Adams games for Pit last year & he really struggled. But his preseason form has been really surprising, if he continues to develop, he could take Perkins starting spot by the end of this NBA Season.
----------------------------------------------------------------
"Some members of the media who follow the Oklahoma City Thunder didn't think rookie Steven Adams could make an impact on the floor early in the season, but after his production in the preseason that thinking has changed. In fact, those same NBA scribes now feel he's ahead of Hasheem Thabeet for the main backup center position behind starter Kendrick Perkins

From Anthony Slater of The Oklahoman: "When Adams was drafted, I was in the large majority in thinking most of his rookie season would be spent in Tulsa. But he won me over during the two overseas preseason games. He just has a smooth ability to catch and finish around the rim that we haven't seen out of this position in a long time (ever?) in OKC. ... I think he has already surpassed Thabeet in the immediate rotation and I'd expect him to get 15-20 minutes right away."

In the last five preseason games Adams is averaging 26.4 minutes, 8.4 points, 9.2 rebounds and 1.2 blocks, while Thabeet is offering very little off the bench. Most head coaches are leery of playing rookies, however Adams is giving Scott Brooks no choice but to have him in the rotation when the season tips off next week."

Topic #32951 | Report this topic

MACDUB  
Years ago

He is going to be one scary defender.

Reminds me a lot of Tyson Chandler in that he does an unbelievable job of keeping his verticality and using his length expertly.

It is crazy to think the type of player he can develop into. Boozer highlighted his lack of polish on a few plays, but other times Adams was simply too big and too strong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f58awk_ijOo

There is some highlights of his games vs. Chicago.

Adams has an unbelievable body. You wont find a player in the NBA with such a perfectly balanced body (strength-wise).

Someone like Dwight Howard has all that muscle mass for virtually no reason.

Reply #441854 | Report this post

Woody Venkat  
Years ago

I always liked Steve Adams upside I think I was in the minority in thinking this. He can develop into a Robin Lopez type contributor.

Reply #441991 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Way to go, force your way into the rotation, no one gets a free ride in the NBA!

Nice little highlite video too, good luck to him, it will be very interesting to watch this fella's progress...

Reply #442030 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:36 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754