Anyone know if Frye will play today ?

Reply #441862 | Report this post

Moneyballer  
Years ago

He was cleared yesterday

Reply #441863 | Report this post

Ganymede 86  
Years ago

Tigers will be desperate but think the Sixers are the better team.
Ubaka needs to step up this game.

Reply #441864 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Perhaps the best player - is clear to play.
Seems he goes where ever he wants.
All is well.

Reply #441866 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Aside from NBL.TV how are people viewing stats for this game?
Is there a Fiba Live Stats link or do we have to use the NBL website?

Reply #441868 | Report this post

Campbell  
Years ago

Anyone got a link for live streaming?

Reply #441871 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

nbl website stats are working for me

Reply #441872 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

The way both coaches have their teams playing is pretty disgusting. Shooting 30% and 42% respectively is generally an indication that they should be changing things up a little.

Reply #441873 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You get the feeling that free throws combined with a lack of 3 pt shooting will cost Adelaide a lot of games.

Reply #441878 | Report this post

Ganymede 86  
Years ago

Morrison is a good player just a pity Melbourne don't use him more.
Adelaide are a horrible outside shooting team would zone them if I was any team. Frye is a terrible Ft shooter look at his stats in previous leagues

Reply #441879 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

This is terrible!

I had the Sixers favourites for this game.

Gibbo, Ervin and Cadee should have the better of the Tigers back court. Ubaka and Nate offer very little, I would expect Gibbo to at least help contain Goulding.

Very dissappointing.

Reply #441884 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

I think there is good signs for this Sixers team, but you are right, FTs and 3pt shooting are weaknesses that need to be improved for this team to really challenge for a title.

Need to improve defensive rotations too. They had no answers for Goulding or Wortho in that game.

Reply #441885 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not fit!!

Reply #441887 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sack Marty!!

Reply #441888 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

Not the result we wanted, but when you look at it coming away 1-1 from this weekend isn't the end of the world. Having to travel from Adelaide to Cairns and then Melbourne for 2 games in 3 days isn't much different in distance to the old "Doomsday Double" (especially if the first game was in Perth). And out of almost 150 Doomsday Doubles, only 4 times has anyone ever come away with a 2-0 record out of it.

Like the rest of us I would have preferred a 36ers win today, but honestly I'm not surprised we didn't considering the circumstances.

Reply #441895 | Report this post

D@B  
Years ago

36ers have never been able to contain Worthington.

Bit like CJ Bruton, James Harvey and Redhage, they must have amazing records against the 36ers

Reply #441897 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Goulding hot streak was one thing, but FT shooting was forecast as an issue in the pre-season and played out today. Tigers could be our bogey team.

Reply #441900 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Yeah the Tigers definitely create some match-up problems for us, because they can run Walker and Wortho at the C and PF and we only really have Petrie who matches up well with either on the defensive end.

Add to that Goulding, who is a little too tall for all our guards and they have three guys who are all tough for the Sixers to shut down.

Having said that, I think if we're a bit more rested next time we play them, do a better job of getting their bigs in foul trouble and make 70% of our damn free throws, we should be in a position to win!

Reply #441911 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cadee got absolutely ripped at 3/4 time! If I was a betting man I would say that if things carry on the same under Joey and cadees form he will be a sydney king being a nsw kid. Just speculating but there was rumours that these two didn't see eye to eye at Gold Coast

Reply #441913 | Report this post

bk  
Years ago

we need to put things in perspective we are at 2 wins and 2 losses for the season and one of those losses was a 3point loss against perth with 2 of our starters out. I have no doubt that travel and a game 2 days ago had a part to play in todays loss but I think we are heading in the right direction. I agree we need to work on our free throws and 3 point shots and I've also noticed we don't defend 3 point shooters as tight as we should but i'm sure joey is aware of that and is working on it with the players. I would rather be where we are now than staring down another season like the last 3.

Reply #441927 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

We would have been zip and 4 with these games last year, so I will take 2 and 2 with a smile!!

Reply #441930 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Spinner is right. Would never have beaten Cairns in Cairns, let alone win down at home against the hawks. 2-2 is ok. This week is telling because NZ is beatable at home and back home against the Kings is highly winnable. This week I would be disappointed without a decent showing in NZ and then followed up with a home win.

New team, new coach. Yeah expectations are high. Only way to get fans to games is by winning or at least giving a show. Tonight, poor free throw shooting and 3's killed us. Oh well, always next week

Reply #441933 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

We will be O.K, Joey has put a ban on Players Drinking.

Reply #441977 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How about Joey drinking??

Reply #442038 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:26 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754