celtic green
Years ago

Gortat traded to the Wizards

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9879312/washington-wizards-reach-deal-marcin-gortat-shannon-brown-kendall-marshall-malcolm-lee-washington-wizards-emeka-okafor-pick

Gortat was traded to the Wizards for Okafor and a protected 1st round pick next year (protected to No. 12). He was traded along with filler players, all of who will be cut to get the Wizards down to 15 players.

Great trade by both teams I think; the Wizards want to make the playoffs and with Okafor injured that was going to make it harder. It allows Nene to move to PF and gives them a scoring option up front.

The Suns get to truly blow the team up and go for as many picks next year as possible.

What are everyone else's thoughts?

Topic #32953 | Report this topic

NBL Fan  
Years ago

Good trade for Suns in long term

Reply #441867 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Makes sense for both teams

Reply #441869 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Makes sense, but there's not gonna be a lot of D played in Washington! They really needed a defensive minded big to complement Nene. Oh well, guess you can only trade for whats available!

Reply #441874 | Report this post

Gordon Liddy  
Years ago

Shannon Brown is going to absolutely smash it with the Wiz. This will be awesome to watch.

Reply #441876 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Brown won't play for wizards he going to get waived the rumour is that he is going back to the lakers

Reply #441890 | Report this post

Coeezy  
Years ago

There won't be much of a drop-off in defense. Gortat is a fairly good post-defender and shot-blocker and I would think he's a little more polished offensively than Okafor. They're both good rebounders but neither are spectacular passing wise. But considering Gortat isn't injured and Okafor is out indefinitely, this is a good trade, even if its only one year.

Reply #441899 | Report this post

Gordon Liddy  
Years ago

Back to the Lakers, yeah? That would be great. Though they already have 8 guards, so not sure what they would be thinking. But I guess Jim Buss knows what he's doing.

Reply #441904 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Cooezy, I agree its better having Gortat than nothing. I wasn't saying he'll cause a 'drop off' in defence, more that they won't improve defensively, when they really need to if they want to do much better than an #8 seed.

Reply #441907 | Report this post

celtic green  
Years ago

I think Wizards fans will take anything at the moment ha ha. I think they could definitely sneak into the #6 seed if they stay lucky with injuries, not much in the east once you get past the big 4 (Miami, Pacers, Bulls and Nets)

Reply #441945 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:44 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754