Anonymous
Years ago

Whats happened to this league?

First time I have watched a game this arvo in a long time. Sydney v Perth...Sydney couldn't get a field goal until the last minute in the final qtr? Really? 9 mins without a field goal at home?
This league is appalling, no wonder it is dying a slow death, teams struggling financially, no interest.
Players in this league are trashing the legacy Gaze, Copeland, Maher, Loggins, Heal, Rucker and co built up over the years.
I don't know how you can play in this league and think you can improve as a player.
9 minutes at home in the final qtr without a field goal LOLOL.
Were they playing the Pistons teams of the 90s?

Topic #32954 | Report this topic

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

I thought it was an excellent contest and a top game to watch until the Kings drought.

Reply #441880 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thanks for the spoiler :)

Reply #441881 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I've also been a huge critic of this league of the past few years, but its definitely on an up-swing. Its the most even and talented the league has been in a long time. Along with the new rule interpretations the games for the most part, have been better to watch. No need for such a post on the back of just one quarter. Especially when it involves which over the first 3 rounds, is one of the poorer offensive teams.

Reply #441882 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

Many NBA teams have scored 7 points or less in a quarter. Does that mean the NBA has gone to shit as well?

In sports you're bound to have games like that. Even more so when your team doesn't have a go to player in the crunch and you are facing a team like the Perth Wildcats who are a great defensive team.

Reply #441883 | Report this post

Pauly B  
Years ago

Teams go long stretches without scoring in games in all leagues around the world occasionally. Forming an opinion on the entire league based on one game is ridiculous and short sighted. Perth's defense during that stretch was also really good. It's not like the Kings were missing uncontested layups here.

Reply #441886 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Wah wah.

Reply #441889 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Imo leeague is looking good

Reply #441892 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

Is OP Daniel Eade?

Reply #441903 | Report this post

Rick  
Years ago

Loving watching it this year. NBL has been on the upswing the last 3 or 4 years and the refereeing changes this year have definitely had a positive effect on the look of the game. The standard of play is higher and the coverage on TV and NBL TV is far more professional. Crowds are continually improving each year.
But on the other hand that short scoring drought from Sydney has put me off and I wont be watching again until 14/15.

Reply #441918 | Report this post

Proud  
Years ago

Wow, so we have someone that hasn't given the NBL the time of day for ages up until a game over the weekend and we are supposed to give a shit what his uneducated opinion is?

I don't think the NBL really needs this type of old fan as he will bitch at refs, his team and the league unless it completely goes his way!

Next...

Reply #442021 | Report this post

Woody Venkat  
Years ago

The person who wrote this post knows nothing about basketball. Anyone who watched the Breakers Wildcats game on Thursday night will tell you how tough the competetion is now/ I have been watching this league for 25+ years. It is not at the level of the mid 90's sure but its still a very good level when you think guys like Luke Neville can't get a gig.

Reply #442025 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Having seen a few games this season and having watched this game also, I think there is improvements in the game's overall appeal. I wouldn't give a thread like this much credibility because it is too petty...

Yes, what could have been a classic game turned out to be a little depressing in the last 5 minutes or so, but up until then I was enjoying many highlights an a close contest.

It happens!! Get over it...

Reply #442026 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Is OP Daniel Eade?"

It's either him or Kevin Bartlett. I just can't pick it.

Reply #442031 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sydney had a rough spell, and some how this refelcts on the entire league.... piss off you are a completely uneducated basketball person.

Reply #442043 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:08 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754