Wookiee
Years ago

2013/14 Hoops FNBL Waiver Wire

Thought I'd create a thread to keep track of it...

Initial Order:
1. Moneyballer
2. Flinders80
3. Hendo888
4. Pure silk
5. Alexkrad
6. Wookiee

So what's the deal with this? Isn't it only when new players are introduced? I don't actually get the Free Agent pick up process... Can we pick new players whenever we want?

Is Moneyballer the first to use their Waiver position?

Topic #32956 | Report this topic

alexkrad  
Years ago

Theres meant to be a waiver period, say midnight of the first day after all previous rounds games are finished, where you can pick up a free agent using your waiver wire. If 2 people go for the same player, the person higher on the waiver wire gets the player and their position in the waiver wire.

After this period you can pick up anyone and it doesnt effect the waiver wire at all, just first in first served.

Reply #441912 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Normally we had a couple days for it.
Moneyballer used his Waiver on Frye last week.
Think we were having the Waiver period until Thursday when the game thread is posted.

Reply #441934 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

Surely 4 days is a bit much for a Waiver period?

I found this snippet from the rules last season...

5.3 All Free Agents will be classed as RESTRICTED from 9am Monday until 8:59am Tuesday, meaning owners may bid for them under the WAIVER WIRE (6).
5.4 If they have not been bid for, they become a full Free agent from 9am Tuesday meaning anyone may sign them at any time, first in best dressed.

which makes more sense and really wouldn't make a case for Moneyballer claiming Waiver rights over Frye?

Just sayin'...

Reply #441944 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

I'm happy to have it shorter. Tuesday morning is a good time frame.
But I was kind of overruled on getting Frye due to the Waiver thing...

Reply #441970 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

yeah, it just sort of happened and I was AFK that afternoon so couldn't speak up then... Did Moneyballer play last season? Just doesn't make sense for him to be making up rules as he goes along without stating them first (no offence intended), especially when they contradict pre-existing rules...

Reply #442041 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

So, looks like we've decided on the new Waiver time frame?

If so, I'm going to pull a Marty and sack both my imports. Bringing in Wilkinson and Tiggs.

So new team is:
G Goulding
G Tiggs
F Redhage
F Wilkinson
C Tragardh

Davidson
Petrie
Walker
Martin
Coenraad

So Sanders and Wilson are now under Waiver for 24 hours? Think that's how it used to work.

Reply #442177 | Report this post

Pure Silk  
Years ago

Hendo surely you can only pick 1 import not 2 :)

Reply #442302 | Report this post

flinders80  
Years ago

Actually I have a rade proposal including my wqiver to pick up wilkson

I want wilkinson but need to trade out rotnei clarke.

Any trade offers?

Reply #442305 | Report this post

flinders80  
Years ago

Bloody phone keypad. When did wilkinson become a free agent though. Was not monday was it

Reply #442306 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

What's the rest of your team?
I could work with a 2 for 2. Wilkinson and ? for Clarke and ?

Reply #442318 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Wilkinson was officially announced on Monday morning. So he had been signed for over a day when I picked him up. And has been for more than 2 days now. So even if the Waiver period wasn't over when I picked him up (and therefore my pick-up counts as a waiver bid), it's still been long enough that I get him.

Reply #442319 | Report this post

Pure Silk  
Years ago

When & where can we post line ups for round 4 ?

Reply #442328 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

Confirming that the Restricted Player period is two days from the official announcement, yes?

So is this the current Waiver Wire as it stands?

1. Flinders80
2. Pure silk
3. Alexkrad
4. Wookiee
5. Moneyballer
6. Hendo888

Reply #444873 | Report this post

Flinders80  
Years ago

Flinders80 selects Sam Young fresh of the free agents list. Flinders80 is accepting waiver trades but unless this can be completed in the next day or two then this selection still stands and I will then chose who I drop from Clarke or pace

Reply #444906 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Did I actually use mine? Was never confirmed yay or nay on that one.

Reply #444926 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

Hendo - I think you selected during what would be the waiver wire period and were successful...

Flinders - pretty sure we need to wait on official announcement, which I guess would be posted here and then there would be a period of 48hrs where the bids would take place... I know you're the top bidder, but doing it beforehand defeats the purpose of having that 48hr window.

Reply #444942 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

All good. Wasn't sure if it counted or not.

And have we officially decided on 48 hours for the Waiver period now?

Reply #444965 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

Yeah, I think that's the right amount of time... We've gone over it, how about I just put my foot down as honorary score keeper guy and say "yup, 48hrs, done"? :)

Reply #444977 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

Just so there is no confusion...

Flinders80 selected Young using his waiver wire position, so the current order is:

1. Pure silk
2. Alexkrad
3. Wookiee
4. Moneyballer
5. Hendo888
6. Flinders80

Reply #446302 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:32 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754