Isaac
Years ago

Heat @ 76ers - Brett Brown's coaching debut

The predicted-spooners are at home and have Miami playing a back-to-back, yet they're on the cusp of pulling off an upset. They've just won 114-110 on the back of a debut by Michael Carter-Williams who, in his first NBA game, had 22 points, seven rebounds, 12 assists and an NBA debut record 9 steals. Amazing.

Topic #32987 | Report this topic

rohant16  
Years ago

YES GO PHILLY! Congrats Brett Brown!

Reply #442433 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That's what Miami deserve after trying to be cute and rest Wade after 1 game.

Reply #442434 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Carter-Williams great performance. Congrats Brett hope they have more success been a while.

Reply #442436 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Apparently Allen Iverson, Charles Barkley, Julius Erving and Moses Malone were in the building to watch that Philadelphia win.

The 76ers opened the game with a 19-0 run!

Reply #442440 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Yeah, all the greats were back to honour a long-time staff member (property steward etc) which is a great thing to do.

Loved the style Brown had them playing, fearless. Not sure if they can do it all season but you might as well die trying.

That was a fun game, the end was like missed shot, turnover, bad decision, turnover, missed shot but it was still fun to watch, and MCW is in the house!

Reply #442443 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Brett Brown is king

Reply #442445 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

Brown better hope they don't win to many games or he'll get the sack!

Pretty sure he was hired to tank this year and get a lottery pick!

Reply #442455 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

"Great" performance by MCW is under-stating it. A near quadruple double, on debut, against the reigning champs, is unbelievably outstanding!

Reply #442459 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

A great start by 76ers, ruined my multi bet! but played well especially MCW.

Reply #442463 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

does anyone know how many guys get a double double/near tripple double on debut? especially pgs? i reckon there wouldnt be many.

What do people project MCW will get stat wise this season? my guess is atleast 12pts 8 assists, but wouldnt be surprised if he does better than that.

Reply #442465 | Report this post

curtley  
Years ago

Yeh Brett Brown was hired to tank all year or because they believe he is such a bad coach and the team will lose anyway.

They get rid of two of their best players (despite Bynum not suiting up last year) and look like they'll rest the guy they traded for (Noel). I don't know how Brown feels about the situation he's been put in.

Reply #442470 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

As a long time Philly fan-now we beat the Heat? hahaha.
For real though, MCW's debut was as impressive as i've seen. Triple-double? He was close to a quadruple double!

Reply #442481 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Oscar Robertson had the only triple double on debut, back in 1960.

Reply #442485 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Great effort!

Reply #442505 | Report this post

shayno  
Years ago

Nooo dont win...philly needs wiggins for a dynasty.

also u never going to win if u only score 9points in 12 mins.....though 45 in the 3rd isnt bad.

Reply #442540 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fantastic BB!!

Reply #442632 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Go Brett!!

Reply #442634 | Report this post

Whodat  
Years ago

MCW an outstanding game. The greatest debut game I've seen since lebron in '03, maybe all time!

Reply #442635 | Report this post

celtic green  
Years ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqs-oULPKxI

Sick first points; I had no idea he was so quick. He just gases it and blows past guys

Reply #442639 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:36 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754