undersized pf
Years ago

Isiah thomas

I havent recently started becoming a huge fan of Isiah Thomas and i honestly feel that his ability is often over looked, when it comes to considering the top players ever.

I would honestly place him in the top 5 greatest players list.

Think about his heroics, espically in clutch moments. His scoring is phenomenal and his passing was up there with magic.

Plus he was a fantastic rebounder for his size.

Topic #3299 | Report this topic

he was a general player, Amare studomire is a far better player. Yeah he's good, but I certainly wouldn't waste my money buying an Isiah jersey

Reply #37883 | Report this post

undersized pf  
Years ago

Relax gorilla,

I realise your joking because anybody who knew anything about bball wouldnt say that seriously

But seriously tho

16 points in 90 seconds against the knicks

24 third quarter points agaisnt the lakers with a exremeely sprained ankle.

Simply amazing

Reply #37884 | Report this post

He also had no one else in his team that would shoot, Lambeer and Rodman, they averaged like 3 points a game combined in their whole career!

Reply #37885 | Report this post

undersized pf  
Years ago

Thats right he lead them to 2 champonships

Reply #37886 | Report this post

Matt Ryan  
Years ago

Isiah Thomas and Joe Dumars!

Two of the best duos EVER!

Reply #37887 | Report this post

Jasmine  
Years ago

Eastern Lowland Gorilla...Did you ever actually see the Pistons in the late 80's play?

Thomas, Dumars, Dantley & Aguirre were all strong offensive weapons. Laimbeer scored a whole lot more than you probably think and Rodman was actually far more offensive minded (though, never a strength) in his early days than he was in the 1990's. Plus, little Vinnie Johnson could simply light it up when on his game.

The Pistons offensive was in fact very evenly spread throughout the team as were the minutes. It was a very deep, talented team.

Reply #37894 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Gorilla, you are a monkey. No idea. Laimbeer once held the record for most 3 pointers in a finals game.

No shooters? Vinnie 'The Microwave' Johnson. Joe D. Mark Aguirre

Reply #37899 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Isiah is was a fantastic player, he led the Pistons with his dynamic duo partner Joe, Thomas was one of the gutsiest players - example when he played with his severely sprained ankle, and he was a great leader and passer.

Isiah would be top 5 of all time IMHO.

Reply #37902 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

Iash should have made the 92 dream team for sure!

Imagine it

pg Thomas
sg Jordan
sf Magic
pf Bird
c Ewing

Question is who would you have dropped in that team? (couldn't drop leattner, had to have 1 college player)

Reply #37914 | Report this post

Jasmine  
Years ago

Kriss..given the fact that it was 1992 and not 1998, I think the natural choice would have been Pippen. By 1992, Pippen had the least number of years as an elite player than any other pro member of the Dream Team.

Reply #37938 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bizzy back to his copying best?

Reply #37964 | Report this post

Yeah good team Kriss :rolleyes: Bird as PF? Magic as SF?

Reply #37997 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Isiah rocked and as for Laimbeer he was pretty good himself, he rates highly in NBA Jam old school style :-)

Reply #38011 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

...says DJ, showing off that he has his own personal NBA Jam arcade machine!

Reply #38012 | Report this post

Chicago was always the best. You couldn't go wrong with Pippen and Grant. I remember my mate and I scored 327 points one time in one game on the SNES version

Reply #38016 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

isiah thomas wasnt in the dream team because michael jodan didnt want him to be in it.

jordan said if isiah is in it, he isnt.

Reply #38017 | Report this post

mark  
Years ago

Isiah wasn't on the original dream team because MJ, Bird and Magic all hated his guts and vetoed his selection.

I think he was the shortest player to score 30pts and 15 in the final quarter until Boykins stole those records this season.

He was undoubtedly a much better player than he is a coach or a GM.

Reply #38018 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

I just like Matt Ryan's post. "Isiah Thomas and Joe Dumars!
Two of the best duos EVER!"

Sorry to be critical, but that's one duo, not two. Sorry - I lived my school life with a fastidious English teacher.

Reply #38027 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

u hacks larry bird is a out n out sf.magic is a pg.your knowledge really struggles kriss

Reply #38031 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

Eastern Lowland Gorilla was the cheat button on when you scored 327 points?

Reply #38032 | Report this post

...yes :(

Reply #38036 | Report this post

Northerner  
Years ago

I thought Isiah was injured that's why he didn't get picked?

Reply #38040 | Report this post

Mark Coughlin  
Years ago

billy laimbeer was and still is rated as the best outlet passer off a defensive rebound, and i believe has the highest 3pt shooting % for a 7 footer.
whoever said he averaged 3pts a game should do his research first.

Reply #38057 | Report this post

Undersized pf  
Years ago

I dont know about bird or jordan but Magic was one of Isiah's closest friends.

Reply #38064 | Report this post

mp  
Years ago

You might find a reason he was not on the Dream Team 92 was because in the 91 Eastern Conference Finals, when it was clear the Bulls were going to win and go to the finals, Isiah and the rest of the bench walked off the court before the game finished, past the Bulls bench without offering congratulations.

This display of bad sportsmanship may have cost him his spot, as the Olympics promote good sportsmanship. He was an awesome player & probably should have ben on the team.

Reply #38077 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

>To the junior cheezeburger and his love child lowlife gorilla,
get a sense of humour fellas

that team i put down did i say that was the starting 5? Nope

I would have liked to see those 4 Champions on the same team on the same floor.

Get a life....or atleast go back to crying about eachothers
weak antics

Reply #38102 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

kriss, dig a hole!

Reply #38145 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

Forget it mate im not arguing with any fool who calls himself cheezeburger?!>?

Reply #38149 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

forget it mate.dont you like the letter 'c' or something kriss?

Reply #38236 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ha ha you tool cheesey

Reply #38238 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

undersized pf i heard u recently bought a isiah thomas guensey that was 2 sizes to small for you.what are you doing a pf body cannot fit into a point guards guensey.the size system is different undersized pf.dont make the same mistake when you buy the dominque wilkins guensey.

Reply #38468 | Report this post

Undersized pf  
Years ago

I would never buy a dominique jersey coz hes not a legend of bball. General dunker, plus who pays money for any atlanta hawks merch.

cheezeburger why did u buy a pair of jordans, there not built for pf's, who do u think you are.

Reply #38492 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:52 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754