Isaac
Years ago

Cats vs Hawks, Nov 1

Tough ask for Wollongong, but with Tiggs they've never not been competitive. Ennis should be a difficult adversary as without Saville, the Hawks don't really have an ideal match-up. Tiggs smaller, but might be the best bet? Or Coenraad, though he'd give up a lot on speed.

Topic #32998 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just momentarily I thought this was a Geelong v Hawthorn thread...

Reply #442703 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

There are not many games I would comfortably go for 10+ point win but I can see Perth winning this easily. I think the Hawks will keep up for 3 quarters before being overrun. Perth by 14.

Reply #442706 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

No doubt Oscar Forman will find his range. Watched them three times at the Arena last year and no one else could hit them at that place like him. Started to physically scare me when he got the ball!

But that aside, this is a no excuses game for the Wildcats. Anything short of a win is unacceptable. Hope they don't get complacent.

Reply #442707 | Report this post

Andy  
Years ago

GO HAWKS!

Reply #442711 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No doubt Oscar Forman will find his range. Watched them three times at the Arena last year and no one else could hit them at that place like him. Started to physically scare me when he got the ball!

Not possible, we've been told no one can shoot accurately at PA due to the backdrops!

Reply #442712 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

^ Well, yes.

Except him! The jerk!

Reply #442713 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Cats will win but by how much is difficult to determine.

Will the Cats be complacent?
Will the Hawks take the Cats out of their normal game?
Will the Cats defense be too much for the Hawks?
Will Ennis finally have a bad game?

I think the Cats will be lazy near the end and the Hawks will sneak in under the 11 point margin.

Reply #442721 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

Blow out eminent

Reply #442736 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hawks are hard to blow out with the way they shoot the basketball.

I'm sure Geordie has seen enough of Ennis and has a plan in place for him (although Ennis may be Lebron enough in this league to foil the plan).

Perth shouldn't be able to Deebo the Hawks inside like other teams can.

I'm looking forward to watching this one.

Reply #442745 | Report this post

Cats 4 life  
Years ago

These are the games we must win to have a shot at finishing on top! Perth has to much fire power but i hope the get off to a gd start in the 1st qtr though

Reply #442755 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pretty lame how anything but a Sixers match requires the site founder to start the game thread up.

Reply #442757 | Report this post

WestCoastWildcat  
Years ago

Ennis will go into Beast Mode.
Redhage will go into Beast Mode.
Martin will turn into Beast Man.
Beal is a Beast.

The Beasts will pound the birds into submission.
(except for Forman who's into Bestiality)

- Am I doing this right???

Yes...I don't like Foreman, he has a face I'd love to pound.

Reply #442764 | Report this post

BigAds  
Years ago

Tiggs looking a little overwhelmed by the occassion.

Reply #442767 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Listening to Lachy Reid has given me a new-found respect for Carfino

Reply #442768 | Report this post

BigAds  
Years ago

Wildcats have 39 points on the board in 15 minutes of basketball and Ennis has contributed 0.

Reply #442771 | Report this post

Aaron  
Years ago

^^LOL

Reply #442772 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I put clarke in my dream team cos I thought he was black. Watched the game not only is he white and scored -10 dream team points he's the shortest fatest bloke on the court and jacks everything. What a dud

Reply #442774 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Watched delayed and had to stop. Just ugly stuff. What a blowout. Hawks need Martin back at his past best or they're going to find it tough. Is that the NBL record for futility?

Reply #442775 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Looked like an NBL team playing a state league team tonite.Felt sorry for the Hawks.

Reply #442776 | Report this post

Cats 4 life  
Years ago

Had a great night tonight, got 2wks off be 4 we welcome the tiapans! Gd luck to every other team and im gona enjoy the fortnight.

Reply #442779 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wildcats won 87-47.

Appalling performance from the Hawks.

Reply #442780 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

"Hawks are hard to blow out with the way they shoot the basketball."

LOL

Reply #442781 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Love Foreman's ability to catch fire NBA style

Reply #442783 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

The Hawks had no chance the moment they started Demos.

Reply #442784 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Then Tiggs came in bricking dunks.

Reply #442785 | Report this post

catsfan  
Years ago

11500 at the game tonight, although not as loud as usual! hopefully the number of people coming to these games stays around the 11000 mark for the rest of the season!

Reply #442787 | Report this post

Cats 4 life  
Years ago

The dj and the court anouncer need a bit of work, the boyr are doing there part and the way they played tonight i can't see any team beating them 2 out of 3 in a series. Let the good times roll!

Reply #442789 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I never have felt sorry for an opposition player before like i did for Tiggs tonight. I still like him he should come good after few more games but its a night he'll want to forget

Reply #442790 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth are so much better then the rest of the league right now it's scary.No offense to Bevo, but right now the Cats look like a team that love playing for eachother and making that extra pass to creat that open look. Under him it was all about defence creating the offence but it seems Gleesons offensive structure is more fluid.

Reply #442797 | Report this post

Cats 4 life  
Years ago

Bevo all defence and no offence, had no plan b and always went with one import. Did great getting the team to win but it was ugly to watch.

Reply #442801 | Report this post

BigAds  
Years ago

Kevin Tiggs was all Jackie Moon last night and none of the Clarence Withers we've seen in his first two games.

Reply #442802 | Report this post

Flatshot  
Years ago

Shit happens and it all happened in one game. Hawks will move on and up.

Reply #442806 | Report this post

Jason  
Years ago

I was in the stands for this game to my surprise Matt Nielson was there watching closely. I'm wondering why his there and may he be coming home?
Does anyone know who his playing with in Europe?

Reply #442812 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

He has retired and now living in Perth. He was not willing to be Knights short term replacement.

Reply #442816 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Bevo all defence and no offence, had no plan b and always went with one import. Did great getting the team to win but it was ugly to watch."

Wildcats averaged 84 under Bevo, this year's team is averaging 84.

Reply #442837 | Report this post

WestCoastWildcat  
Years ago

Looks like my prediction was pretty spot on.

Reply #442839 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's more to do with offensive structure.The Cats run a lot better sets and much better ball movement then they had under bevo. I think with a post up guy like knight who commands doubles fits really well with the cutters that the Gleeson offence has. They will only improve with knight coming back.

It's not about the averages, it's more to do with how much better they move on/off the ball.

Reply #442874 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bevo ball was ugly you can't deny it even if the ppg are the same this season.

Reply #442880 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Matt Nielsen retired? Did he finally get rid of that stoned look that he has. Not a pretty face at all.

Reply #442882 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Total ppg is about the same this year but look at the stark difference in shooting percentage

Reply #442889 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ball movement no better this year than championship year or 2012 grand final year. How easily we forget.

Reply #442896 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There was nothing wrong with bevos coaching and the teams style of play. Yes the ball movement was superior in bevos era but most of the players couldn't knock down the open shot. Too much was left up to lisch. Now at least there are a few more threats from the perimeter so it helps to spread the D

Reply #442903 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Disagree with the above as Bevo's style was appauling with members voicing converns at how boring the product was. At the end of the day they are in a business and made a good decision to part ways.

Reply #442949 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:44 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754