Kev
Years ago

Wildcats v hawks refs & Ennis

Good job by the refs last night. Total of 23 fouls called all game. Good flowing game and not having mr Campbell was the reason in my opinion. On another topic, as good a athlete Enniss is, he needs to not try take on the D off the dribble cos he turns it over most time. I think he gets caught up a bit in his own hype and the crowds expectations to highlight reel. More work off the ball and better D is needed.

Topic #33006 | Report this topic

Agree  
Years ago

Last Sunday Sydney played wildcats also and the officials called the game well
30 something fouls
So much for Perth being a high foul team, maybe the refs in the first few rounds were told by Mal cooper about soft or fantom calls

Reply #442815 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #442829 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

17 fouls called and only 134 points scored, when the other games are averaging 168. Dont think it was well reffed, very phyysical, but luckily no impact of result.

Reply #442832 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

whilst I respect what your saying Kev about where Ennis needs to improve, you have to sit back and think 'isn't this the reason the Miami Heat sent him down here to work on his game'

we know he makes some wrong decisions but that is where he is trying to learn during in game situations.

My guess is Kev that come the new year we should be seeing him making better decisions and he isn't a selfish player so I won't fault the man... I'll simply cheer my little heart out for him and his team mates (for this season at least)

Reply #442904 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Heat didn't send Ennis here. They wanted him in the D-League but he refused because his family are poor and he wanted to earn some real money straight out of college. So Cats/NBL are really lucky to get him.

Reply #443064 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Substantial point stands in that they were sending him to develop - their preference was the D-League due to accessibility, but he needed to get cash-flow going and so arrangements were made.

Reply #443066 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:26 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754