Gordon Liddy
Years ago

Mills Scores Layup vs Lakers

Just a few minutes ago Mills scored on a layup vs the Lakers in Los Angeles. Under the bright lights of Hollywood, Patty comes up big.

I'll post updates as the fame continues.

Topic #33007 | Report this topic

Gordon Liddy  
Years ago

Looks like Mills is on the bench now. Keeping my fingers crossed Pop comes to his senses and gives him more 4th quarter action.

Reply #442840 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Your taking the piss and I dig it!!!!

Reply #442841 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mills is 1/4 Aussies in the NBA and the starting PG for Australia. Your banter is sound, but god forbid some blokes on aussiehoops.com like to keep track of the Australian players. If you are above Mills because he is a benchwarmer, you are surely above Baynes and Delly, and probably above Bogut as well. If that's the case, I suggest you ignore this board and just become the typical American NBA fan with that perspective. If you can't be happy for our guys, piss off.

Reply #442844 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kleenex or Palmolive brand... You can go ahead and piss of from the sarcastic threads just as much then.

Reply #442846 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

844, chill out bud! It's a joke, nothing more.

You must be a barrel of laughs to hang around. Lighten up.

Reply #442852 | Report this post

ricey  
Years ago

What's more Aussie than taking the piss

Reply #442855 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Vintage patty in vintage patty beast mode. I saw him hit a jumper as well. Cold blooded.

Reply #442858 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I could have been mistaken but I think he waved his towel clockwise with his right hand, that's not easy to do.

Reply #442859 | Report this post

ricey  
Years ago

Had a turnover. Clearly the ball wasn't regulation size

Reply #442863 | Report this post

Lance_Uppercut  
Years ago

pretty clumsy game from Mills and Baynes from what I saw

Reply #442866 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Mills was better in his second stint than his first, was aggressive defensively later and helped set the tone whereas earlier he was tentative all-around.

Baynes made some mistakes but was otherwise ok. Duncan wont be looking over his shoulder though!

Reply #442868 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Since we love anything Australia-related NBA wise I'd like to let you guys know that Mills also took a dump in the locker room after the Lakers game.

Reply #442877 | Report this post

bg04  
Years ago

Fuck you guys are funny! Its an amazing talent you all have to be able to insult and make fun of people who are much more successful and talented than you. Dont get me wrong, the fact that you can blatantly give shit to the best ballers our country has to offer and insult our true fans trying to support our local talent while you play tuesday night social basketball like it matters is an extraordinary effort in its own. Thanks for your amazing educated input that once again proves that the one thing more aussie than taking the piss is hating our stars. Congratulations for helping promote one of our country's biggest stereotypes.

Reply #442897 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Cool rant bro.....

Reply #442898 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

bgo4, youve clearly got no idea, I play Wednesday night social basketball. Geez.

Reply #442899 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

bg04, you clearly also don't get the joke.

Reply #442900 | Report this post

Phobus  
Years ago

What a bunch of tossers! 'Its just a joke'. Just because Patty has worked harder and made it further than any of you idiots posting on here. Maybe get off this site and work on your own shit because basketball is not for you!
If you don't respect the Aussies at the top level, I have no respect for you'.

Also I am sure the admin made this site to help inform others what is going on in the Aus basketball world.... Not so some wannabe comedian can crack jokes.

To sum things up:
1. GTF off hoops forum
2. Go to a doctor for your tall poppey syndrome
3. Try to become skilled and proficient at you own job, maybe you will make a rubbish mans national championship or something! What's your record??? 5 full bags collected in 2 minutes???

Reply #442902 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

The 'sarcastic Mills thread' is the replacement for the 'sack Marty' thread. Obvious, repetitive and boring.

Reply #442906 | Report this post

cavolo  
Years ago

Is it just me or have a few people missed the point of this thread!?!? Guys, the payouts and sarcasm is not directed at Mills, it is directed at those who are posting updates about almost his every movement on and off the court. Whether you agree with these postings or not is entirely up to the individual.

I'm sure that the people posting the sarcastic comments love Patty and the fact that he is carving out a career in the NBA. What i see is people expressing their opinion about how much is reported about him on Hoops via what I believe to be quite funny, sarcastic comments.

Reply #442911 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Spot on Cavalo. The people getting narky about this are probably some the people it is actually aimed at! I've never spoken to anyone who doesnt want Patty to succeed, he is a very likeable character.

Reply #442914 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thankyou cavalo, you've said it perfectly. As I said above bg04 and a few others just don't get the joke.

Anyone who thinks this thread is a dig at Patty just doesn't understand it.

Reply #442926 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Welcome back haters...

I scrolled through past posts abot Patty and there has been three in the past 5 months - didn't know that was excessive. One was about how he shot 100%, 12 pts on regular season debut and the other was when he got that rediculous stat line in pre season. Is that 'talking about his every movement'? Joking around or not you guys are haters. The man is a beast.

Reply #442927 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Patty and bg04 need to get a room..

Reply #442933 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

cavolo spot on! Too many emotional tards on here who are way too easy to troll.

Reply #442946 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Patty is actually leading the NBA in 3 point % with 5/5 threes this season.

Reply #442986 | Report this post

Coeezy  
Years ago

This just in...

Patty Mills picks his nose...

Reply #443013 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can this joke be transferred to dellavedova or is his whiteness a barrier to it being funny?

Reply #443018 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This has already been done about Delly and will be again.

Reply #443023 | Report this post

ricey  
Years ago

The term hater, the most hated term of all... Especially when used by people who don't use it correctly.

Reply #443050 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Saw Patty listening to some music after the game with his Dr Dre headphones.
He was totally in beats mode

Reply #443061 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

you shoulda seen the awesome bread rolls he baked for the team after the grizzlies win. patty was in major yeast mode.

Reply #443068 | Report this post

Pret A Manger  
Years ago

Back in Canberra where he went to school the inspirational story of his rise to success has touched a lot of children. They're saying he's in full priest mode.

Reply #443077 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

That's nothing. You should have seen him guzzling down the milk when he was a baby. He was in full teats mode.

Reply #443115 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:04 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754