Annon
Years ago

36ers official crowd vs Sydney: 4,540

NBL Web already has write ups of todays games.
Crowd: 6136 at Adelaide Arena

Can't wait for Fridays game....

Topic #33013 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

36ers tweeted that the crowd was 4,540.

Reply #443008 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

:(

Reply #443009 | Report this post

wildcats80  
Years ago

More concering are the crowds in Woolongong, 2132 that's terrible, getting to the Sydney spirit like crowds. Where are the Hawks Fans.

Reply #443015 | Report this post

Wildcat Fan  
Years ago

Hawks have terrible support when theyre losing.

Sixers crowd today - lets just pretend there were 6100 today. Its not like other leagues dont fudge their crowds :-)

Reply #443016 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

Cairns is getting a bit worrying with 3800. They will have a good year so so hopefully we will we a rise.

Reply #443021 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

Can believe NBL bumped up the crowd so much

Reply #443022 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

The crowd was good. Northern stand was chock a block. I counted 3 empty seats in the main two areas. The southern silver section looked good and southern gold was pretty full.

Reply #443030 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

If the crowd was 6,136 as the NBL website states its the first time there has been over 6k for a 36ers home game since 6,194 saw us lose 72-67 to the Taipans in January 2012.

Reply #443033 | Report this post

ricey  
Years ago

No way was there 6100. That would require the entire lower sections being packed pretty much.

Reply #443049 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So 4,540 was the real crowd then they fudged it to 6,136... sigh NBL stop kidding yourselves.

Reply #443051 | Report this post

Annon  
Years ago

Was more in the boxes this week and races were busy all gamr so it is possible. On the positive if some debating to go then big crowd and win when they check out the web all good to draw more in...

Reply #443053 | Report this post

MANAGER  
Years ago

NBL is a JOKE

Reply #443070 | Report this post

l  
Years ago

Wasn't there but if 6k all the lower area must be pretty full - capacity is 7.1 k I think from memory. Good on them if the crowds are up.

Reply #443080 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pretty sure capacity is 7,800.

Reply #443081 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

Capacity is 8,500 at Adelaide Arena.....according to the Silver Fox.

Reply #443094 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

Definitely wasn't 6k+ there.....4,500 looked to be more around the mark.

Reply #443095 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Guys, the crowd is sent through by a Pagemasters reporter with their game report, and they get the figure from the club. There was obviously a mix up somewhere yesterday.

Reply #443112 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

fox is full of ............

Reply #443127 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I've updated the topic title.

Reply #443130 | Report this post

ShaneD  
Years ago

.. I wonder how many left after the womens game and if that matches the count deficit? (i.e potentially they counted from when arrivals for the womens game started.. and circa 2k of them left as people came in for the sixers match)? No idea how they do the count... but just a thought.

Reply #443179 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The game number on the boxscore was 6136 and it looks like that was mistaken as the crowd figure.

Reply #443185 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The 36ers also count 'sold' tickets (even if the person isn’t in attendance) so whilst the actual crowd figure may have been around 4,500, season ticket holders etc. who didn’t show up would have also been counted.

Stadium capacity was around 7,800 before some seating was taken away for electronic signage (along the northern stand). Additionally, half the western stand isn’t being used (ie where the RAA lounge was last season), so it’s seriously doubtful seating capacity would be over 7,200...

Perhaps the stadium in its original configuration (i remember individual seats were located on-court along the western and eastern sides up against the advertising signage), plus standing only areas, would have bumped the official capacity to 8000+

I’d anticipate lower crowds over the next couple of games due to juniors being scheduled on the same night and less double headers.

Reply #443194 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

4500 sounds right for actual bums on seats - no way it was any more and definitely not a bigger crowd than the last home game. A little disappointing really given the good form. Hopefully a good crowd on Friday for the Melbourne game.

Reply #443222 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Are the Wildcats fudging to always report five figure crowds or are they legit numbers? Disappointing to see this sort of thing occurring.

Reply #443223 | Report this post

Annon  
Years ago

Well, what a Forum, when your topic can be edited........ Perhaps you should delete most of the hoops website until you can get everyone's facts straight!,,,,,,,,... I posted based on NBL web and being at the game and it was pretty full. Not impressed.

Reply #443228 | Report this post

KB3  
Years ago

Your topic and this thread was based on an error. The 36ers tweeted mid game the actual attendance and if you were there you would know that to be right on

Reply #443229 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I dont think it's disappointing, I think it's good that when there is a mistake it gets corrected.

Reply #443238 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

But it wasn't a mistake.

Reply #443257 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Confirmed it is 4540

Reply #443294 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Annon, topic titles on every forum I've seen on the net get edited. Replies to you have shown you were wrong and so the title was adjusted. Why the sulking?

Reply #443296 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Yet, by this game, now the most NBL games at the one venue is here.

Reply #443306 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

I wasn't aware of that record Camel. May be worth the club making a bigger deal of it?

Reply #443308 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

"But it wasn't a mistake."

If you grab a boxscore from the game and look at the game number you'll see exactly what happened.

Reply #443314 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Wonder who at this game was at the first game played at this venue.

Reply #443316 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Isaac, fix his grammar while you are at it mate!

Reply #443317 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

@ paul

What happened exactly?

Reply #443353 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It has 4,540 on the match report so where does the 6,136 come from?

Reply #443354 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

and if this was a Lightning double header then that is a poor crowd imo.

Reply #443355 | Report this post

Grovermi$ter  
Years ago

it was played on a sunday afternoon....

4.5k is a terrific crowd for a sunday....

move on...

Bring on Friday!

Reply #443356 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:11 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754