Peter
Years ago

Congrats to Triple M for promoting the 36ers

I have noticed this year that Triple M are going out of their way to promote the 36ers, with almost every news bulletin commenting on a recent result, upcoming game or even that they are practicing today ahead of the game against .............

This may be a result of the club working well with them (or paying), but whatever is happening it is very noticeable, so well done to all parties and keep it up!

One disappointing thing was the Big Breakfast crew in general conversation (outside of the news) were trying to pump up the 36ers this morning about them sitting 2nd, having a huge weekend results wise and wanting to jump on board, but "it is hard to jump on board because they couldn't name 1 player!" . The only players they could name off the top of their heads were Sapwell & Coops.

They are keen to promote the team, so educate them & help them jump on the band wagon! Invite the announcers (and the sports show guys for that matter) to a game, introduce them to the players and let them mingle. They will no doubt get on well with a few of the players and who knows, this could lead to even more (free) radio exposure or a regular segment when they can talk to the players on the air.

Even push to see if we can have a regular wrap each week, they seem open to it.

This is what we need to get exposure to the general population.

Triple M’s attitude is in contrast with the piss weak effort by channel 10. I watched channel 10 news in anticipation (and ultimately disappointment) for them to pump up the first game of the season, especially since they should have a vested interest in promoting the game and their TV station!

The story in the channel 10 news should have been “tune in tonight for the first game of what is shaping up to be a very exciting season as the new look Adelaide 36er’s with (insert positive here...exciting new coach / imports/players etc) v’s Perth (insert positive here… NBA player, Ennis), live tonight on 1”. Instead, they didn’t even mention basketball at all, which is inconceivable given all of the cross promotion of TV shows we have to put up with today……..Sigh.

Topic #33030 | Report this topic

Pauly B  
Years ago

SEN in Melbourne have also been having Tigers players on regularly this season. It's made me wonder if KB's comments were actually part of their promotion to let people know they'll have more basketball content. They're also live broadcasting the Tigers Sunday home games this season. Triple M in Melbourne have also had som Tigers people on as well from time to time. TV ratings are up again this year even with zero advertising by Ten/OneHD.

Reply #443218 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think with SEN it helps that Gaze is on their staff.

Reply #443224 | Report this post

Pauly B  
Years ago

Not sure how much it's help. Gaze has worked at SEN for a while now and in previous years the NBL and basketball in general has been largely ignored by them. I think I've heard more basketball on SEN the last few weeks than I've heard the previous 3 years combined. I hope they keep it up.

Reply #443236 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ive heard NOVA and another station plug the 36ers. I know Mitch Creek attends one on Tuesday. The boss listens to that station so we all hear it.

Its been a long time coming but the small things like that get attendance.

SAFM do it on Fridays with news bulletins aimed at letting people know.

Reply #443264 | Report this post

ricey  
Years ago

With the amount of online content the radio stations pump out it would be very beneficial to let them get to the games/trainings/etc as much as possible with cameras if possible to do interviews and other content.

Reply #443288 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

Its a pity 5AA doesn't get behind the 36ers with their sports shows. Other than hearing the result of a game, the 36ers are rarely mentioned.

We all know 5AA's sports programming is dominated by the Crows and Power, but even The Reds gets its own weekly A-League segment. With the NBL being a summer league it doesn't have to openly compete with the AFL.

Not doing it really is missing an opportunity for the club and players to connect with fans and make people aware when games are played.

Reply #443289 | Report this post

ShaneD  
Years ago

Hmm yes Adelaide MMM seems pretty much 95% focussed on Aussie Rules football, 4% Cricket and 1% "everything else" as far as sport discussion goes (and that's inbetween the frequent racism and sexism that is apparently ok when seemingly marketing almost exclusively to what they would probably themselves label 'bogans').

Its not good enough that they couldn't even name a current 36ers player whilst trying to give the impression of being a sport focussed breakfast program.

But yes.. great to get a mention in the news bulletins at least. Better than the traditional 'nothing' that's for sure..

Sixers need to get some free promotional tickets to these B grade radio celebs so they can start spruiking it in a meaningful and positive way (mind you.. the club may do this already - getting the Jock's to actually go may be the hard bit).

Reply #443332 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

I think it says more about the professionalism of the radio station personally. Do your due dilligence and research a player or two...it only takes a couple of mins to do a player search on the internet. Makes them look unprepared and as though they just come in and babble whatever comes to mind regarding sport with little research or substance.

Reply #443408 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Get Roo & Dits to a game they can have a big influence for sure.

Reply #443418 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:02 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754