Isaac
Years ago

Larry Davidson out injured for a month

Hawks previously:

Davidson sustained an ankle roll in the 2nd quarter and took no further part. Laz will have scans on Monday morning to determine the extent.
Apparently result is a four week layoff due to that ankle injury.

Damaging blow to Wollongong.

Topic #33038 | Report this topic

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Suffice to say, they are now screwed.

Reply #443330 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

They will get marauded on the boards even worse than usual.

Reply #443331 | Report this post

KB3  
Years ago

Lucky it is now really as he will miss 4 maybe 5 games. If it happened post Xmas would have been looking at missing 7 to 8 games

Reply #443333 | Report this post

Aerius  
Years ago

Luke Nevill? David Andersen? Jerimiah Trueman? Geordie Cullen? Are there any other bigs that could be a stop gap measure for the Hawks?

Losing Davidson might hurt them more than just his size, he seems like a really cerebral player often seen directing team mates into correct spots.

Reply #443338 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

A bit left field, but maybe Dave Andersen can run himself into some form for the Hawks before getting a contract OS. Where is he at with his rehab?

Reply #443339 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

Davidson's 8 point rating rules out the likes of Nevill and Andersen. They need someone to fill in imo but what options are out there? Trueman?

Reply #443341 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

They are short of the points cap, so while Andersen is unlikely, points wouldn't be an issue if he was available.

Reply #443343 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Does that rule still exist that says you can only replace an injured player with someone of the same or lower points value?

Reply #443348 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Can't see Trueman wanting to come over.

He is getting paid to train, for the duration of the year.

Doesn't make sense leaving the Breakers and nearly a whole seasons pay for just 4 weeks worth of pay from the Hawks. Sure he will get to play, but not major minutes, and when Davidson comes back he will be out of a job essentially.

Reply #443349 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I heard he slipped on his bandana. Or was that last season. LD has had more hairstyles than a girl.

Reply #443374 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This is why the points cap is dumb - a guy like Anderson should be able to slot in without penalty even if it I only for a few weeks

Reply #443382 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

I quite like his Mandarin inspired look. Is he a fan of the Iron Man comics?

Reply #443390 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

Gordie McLeod does have a 6'11" (210 cm) backup centre in Shane Harris-Tunks he can use. I know he's an NBL rookie but he did play for the University of Colorado Boulder Buffaloes that won the Pac-12 Conference Tournament in 2011-12.

He's also a former Australian U/19 rep.

Not saying he'd be the Hawks first choice but as he's already on their roster its a cheaper option.

http://www.hawks.com.au/playerstats/id/2949

Reply #443393 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

"This is why the points cap is dumb - a guy like Anderson should be able to slot in without penalty even if it I only for a few weeks"

Is there any reason he can't?

Reply #443396 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:55 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754