AJ
Years ago

Albury/Wodonga sign Alex Bogart-King

Bandits have signed Alex Bogart-King a 6'7 forward from the Hume City Broncos in the Big V.

Anybody know much about him?

Topic #33048 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I was pretty sure I was 6'5 if he is 6'7 I must nearly be 7ft now.

Reply #443547 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

He is listed as 6'7" and about 228lbs... Good size for a small forward.

Reply #443548 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He's a legit 6'6 with no shoes on, I've seen him against people who are that size and he's just as tall. He's a strong and athletic 4 man who has added a lot to his game which has seen him play half his minutes at the 3 at Hume this year. He has developed a very consistent mid range jumper and efficient handles over the last 2 years.

If he can develop an outside jumper in this off season he will be a very good SEABL player. Surprised a Melbourne team didn't get him honestly.

Reply #443553 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

and I think he's 22/23 years old from memory

Reply #443554 | Report this post

AJ  
Years ago

Thanks for the info. Apparently Ben Hollis isn't playing for the Bandits this year so sounds like this guy will be a good replacement.

Hollis was an excellent rebounder but had no offensive game whatsoever. Anybody know where he's gone to?

He'll leave a big hole with his defense and rebounding.

Reply #443562 | Report this post

Tiger watcher  
Years ago

Alex got no left hand at all......can jump so good for the highlight package but at this level will get found out defensively as can't guard the onball and ball watches on weak side.....

Reply #443565 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ben Hollis is either having a year off or is going to play for Wodonga
In their big v div 2 team

Reply #443583 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He's a small 4 at SEABL level, will struggle against starting 4's so I'd expect he'd be a role player off the bench depending on how deep they are this year.

Reply #443585 | Report this post

Lol. Strong everything.

Alex will dominate SEABL, in fact, he should be in NBL now (srs). You trying to tell me that Greg Page (lol) is better than Alex?.. Not sure if syrias. Tiger Watcher, peoples game can evolve and alex has improving every season. Please respond.

Reply #443589 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#589 get off the weed dude, 1 is a PG the other an under sized 4 man who's done nothing yet and proven nothing, let's see how he performs against quality bigger body's.

Reply #443590 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who said he has consistent mid range jumper? haha he will get eaten alive in SEABL. Hope Albury have money to burn because whatever they are paying him is too much.

Reply #443592 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Have seen Alex play a lot in the Big V over the past few years. He is a great guy and it is really exciting to see he has this opportunity. Wish him all the best.

Reply #443599 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lets be honest, he's a great guy and has potential but his numbers are hardly that impressive when you consider he was one the only go to players in the second weakest Roster in BigV last season.
Seen him play a few times and hasn't got the shot or range to play as a 3 and not big enough to play as a genuine 4, all fine at BigV Level but unconvinced he will be more than a benchy at SEABL level.

Reply #443600 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Alex is a great guy, his attitude is second to none. I for one can't wait to see him play at the SEABL level. He is a competitor, and those types always do well no matter what.

Good luck to him.

Reply #443607 | Report this post

Pauly  
Years ago

He'll be a good 10-15 minute player in SEABL, but don't expect much more.
He'll compete hard

Reply #443653 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Theres only one way to find out if your any good and thats to step up a level and have a crack.Look how many guys were playing local footy had a crack at VFL and are now playing AFL.Nothing ventured nothing gained.

Reply #443657 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:36 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754