Mystro
Years ago

Vince Carter ejected yesterday Mavs Vs OKC

Yesterday in the Mavs Vs OKC game the Dallas Mavericks Vince Carter was ejected in the 3rd quarter for a Flagrant 2 Foul against OKC's Backup Centre Steven Adams.
Adams snared an offensive rebound and was double teamed immediately, whilst fighting through the double team to pass the ball to a team mate Adams inadvertently elbowed Carter. Adams then went to the Hoop and as he did that Vince Carter blatantly elbowed him in the head. Adams did not flinch or react. The refs saw it all as did Russell Westbrook and Adams was given a Tech Foul for the initial inadvertent elbow and Carter ejected. Adams hit both resulting free-throws.

That's twice players have been ejected for blatant fouls against Adams, first Nate Robinson and now Vince Carter. Both times Adams has shown his maturity by not reacting.

OKC won 107-93

Durant had 23points & 10 assists & Russell Westbrook 22 points but 5 turnovers and Ibaka had a double double of 17 points 13 rebounds. Adams played 20minutes for 6 points 9 rebounds 2 steals and a block.

For Dallas Ellis top scored with 20 points and Marion had 17 and Nowitzki had only 16 courtesy of some decent D from Collison & Ibaka.

Topic #33056 | Report this topic

Mystro  
Years ago

There is good footage of the incident on NBA.com

There was also a great passage of play in the 2cnd quarter when Carter drove on Adams but as he back peddled he fell over backwards, he quickly got up to his feet in time to block Shaun Marions shot. Adams then ran down the court and got a good seal deep in the paint, Durant drove towards the hoop and Adams man rotated to help leaving Durant with an easy drop off pass for Adams to dunk it. On the next play Adams got a steal and passed it ahead to a guard who in turn bounce passed the ball to Westbrook flying up the court for the big transition dunk. Great passage of play from the rookie and drew a lot of praise from the commentary team.

Reply #443637 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Passage of highlights from Adams:

Reply #443647 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Watched the replay on ESPN and was very impressed with Adams game. Van Gundy was raving about him.

I don't understand why Adams got a technical foul though. If anything it was an offensive foul but he really just brushed Carter in the neck and Carter threw his head back. Anyone understand why he got the Tech?

Reply #443652 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

it was because the contact was with Vince Carters head I believe.

Reply #443654 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So any contact to the head is an automatic tech foul in the NBA?

Reply #443655 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLGdWXvH92M <-- video of the incident. Full marks to Adams, came off looking great from that incident.

Reply #443656 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

His potential is scary.

People say he is raw, and he is in a way.

Yet, some of the plays he makes he looks like a seasoned veteran. Fundamentally, he is actually really solid.

- Setting screens: he knows when and where. He understands angles perfectly. Gets Durants looks. One of few bigs you see that has the ability to sprint into a screen and stop on the dime (without committing a moving screen).

- Off-ball positioning and moving without the ball: When Durant drove down the lane, you saw Adams wheel out to the opposite side and get in a position to dunk.

- Rebounding: Gets those elbows out

- Early post: Sprints down the court exceptionally well. Doesn't have a wide array of post moves, but boy, his size, footwork and strength is impressive. He made Blair look silly on that post move.

- Unfazed and disciplined: Didn't react to the Robinson incident. Didn't react to Carter's shot. Im sure if you are aware of what the kid has dealt with in his life, you"ll see that an elbow to the face is not going to get a reaction out of him.

Reply #443659 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

I watched this game, enjoyed it very much and thought Adams was never out of his depth, he is an NBA level player for sure. Just give him a year or two with this program and watch him become a genuine threat to Australia in the future when we play cross Tasman games, look out...

Reply #443661 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

The reason he got the tech was that in the NBA there is no such thing as a single technical unless it is verbal abuse of a referee by one player. If you get punched or someone tries to fight you for no reason it's a double tech.

Reply #443663 | Report this post

hoopie  
Years ago

I could see him starting by the end of the season - he's already good and just going to get better

Reply #443668 | Report this post

Pauly  
Years ago

Definitely. I'm an aussie that follows thunder and he has blown me away. Does every thing right and with effort. He is like a 7 foot tall Nick Collison with an upside to be a star. And playing next to Collison will only help him.
He's already beaten Thabeet (who was playing really well at the end of last year) out of a spot, and it wont be long until he does the same to Perkins.

One of the steals of the draft. I think he'll be a prime 14-12 player. A centre who isn't a super star but just gets the job done

Reply #443674 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Training with guys like Collison is def going to accelerate his development and his attitude and work ethic along with his discipline are only going to earn Steve the respect of Brooks, Westbrook & Durant

Reply #443678 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

After a physical loss against the Oklahoma City Thunder, Dallas Mavericks forward Dirk Nowitzki gave the Thunder's rookie center Steven Adams a new nickname: "the white Kendrick Perkins."

Dirk Nowitzki on OKC rookie center Steven Adams' willingness to mix it up: "They've got the white Kendrick Perkins now."

“I saw it on the replay and said, 'Goodness,'” Jeremy Lamb recalled. “Looked (at him) and I said, ‘Did that hurt?' He said, ‘What?' I said, ‘the elbow, did it hurt?' He was like, ‘Not really.' So he's a real tough kid.”

Kevin Durant told Anthony Slater of the Oklahoman: “He does all the little things for us [...] He's getting better every time he steps on floor. Tonight was no different.”

Reply #443685 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Dallas Mavericks guard-forward Vince Carter has been suspended one game without pay for throwing an elbow and making contact with the head of Oklahoma City Thunder center Steven Adams, it was announced today by Rod Thorn, President, Basketball Operations.

Carter will serve his suspension tonight when the Mavericks visit the Minnesota Timberwolves.

Reply #443805 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Vince Carter was only fined 2k and suspended for 1 game for his blatant elbow on Adams meanwhile Miami's Mario Charmers was hit with a 15k fine by the NBA on Friday Night after hitting the Los Angeles Clippers Blake Griffen in the throat on Thursday with his forearm.

The foul also was upgraded to a Flagrant Foul 2 from a common infraction. The incident occurred with 8:05 remaining in the third quarter of the Heat's 102-97 home victory.

Reply #443847 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:33 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754