Coopz
Years ago

36ers VIDEO INTRO

Hey Guys,

Didn't realise that the club had put this on their youtube page.

If you haven't seen it at games yet, check it out here.

Would be a great atmosphere if, by mid-season, we can get the regular's to yell "SIXXEERRSSS!!!" at the same time as Gibbo.

Tip: Wait for Mahersy's fist pump after his last 3pt shot at home...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07MgDMqmwig&feature=c4-overview&list=UUuS2axAG0uKC9ZUm65Nuj-w

Topic #33064 | Report this topic

POP  
Years ago

For that to happen it will need - based on sitting through it at games - to be edited to make it shorter and sharper.

Like the idea, but the current form is too long for how and when it is used.

Might work better if it was on big screens over centre court, but I'd still argue it would need to be shorter and punchier.

Reply #443714 | Report this post

GuessWhosBACK  
Years ago

HAHAHA... Gibson yelling "sixers" makes me cringe

Reply #443723 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

First game I was a bit skeptical, but it's grown on me. I agree, should be 30 seconds shorter, but damn, it finishing and then that song (that I wouldn't know the name of) playing actually gets me amped up.

Reply #443769 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

I think the Gibbo "Sixers" call actually detracts from it.

The video is all about stirring up emotions from the past and linking them to the present. The Maher 3 is the "splitline" between the past and the current batch. The music track is perfect and captures the emotion.

The "SIXXEERRSSS!!!" yell is a call to arms. Call to Arms need to be loud, but need to be something that can be clapped or stamped to etc. I would prefer a video with the old "Sixers, cha, cha, cha, Sixers, cha, cha, cha" chant. Get players and cheerleaders of film going to schools etc with school kids screaming the chant. Get the pollies involved. It's election time around the corner and Jay .... no hang on he's exciting as carboard on a rainy day.... But I hope yo know what I mean. Get a group of kids, past players, prominent South Austalians, prominent landmarks etc.

Luke in Hahndorf "Sixers" Handorf Primary School "cha, cha cha"
Gibbo in a vineyard in The Vale "Sixers" Vineyard workers "cha, cha, cha"
Creeky on Popeye "Sixers" Japanese tourists "oi, oi, oi"
Peach at Holdens "Sixers" Holden workers "cha cha cha"
etc
You could mix the order up each week, or introduce a few new segments based on who's in town. Imagine Jason Cadee calling "Sixers" and One Direction saying "cha, cha, cha"

(actually better get the Holdens one done sooner rather than later......)

I like to slogan "Be a part of the crowd"

Reply #443773 | Report this post

Ballin Fan  
Years ago

I think its all too long.

I went to some NBA games recently backpacking in the US, and {albeit regular season games} all they did was just intro the starting 5 quickly.

Playoffs is when they drag it out with videos and crap.

Reply #443779 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Since I went and saw NBA haven't watched NBL live only on TV. Don't think I could go back to live viewing here lol

Reply #443782 | Report this post

ricey  
Years ago

The "sixers" and "make some noise" parts are a tad awkward and just don't really translate to the crowd. The first home game was really awkward with it all too, as people couldn't understand a word the MC was saying and people had no clue what to do. Something a bit shorter with some local/international celebrities revving the crowd up (Knicks do this well) with a chant/noise leading into the game after intros would be best after the old game video. The crowd needs a group of people though who can get things going, because without a leader nothing happens these days at the arena.

Reply #443892 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Listen to all you experts here picking this video Lennon has produced for the club FOR FREE!

He has a day job and a young family yet spends hours editing and producing DVDs and highlight reels for the club on a weekly basis and its still not good enough.

I bet most of you that replied wouldn't give any of your free time to anyone, just sit and complain with your little keyboard.

Jack you seem to be a jack of all trades master of none, how about you put your creative brain and commit 10 hours a week to the Sixers for free like Coopz.

Didn't think so.

Haters gonna hate, this is the shitty world be live in now, Facebook, twitter, it's all poison run by a bunch of virgin geeks with keyboards picking everything to shit.

Reply #443913 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Get your own alias champ

Reply #443917 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

913 Kent, you seem to think my comments are a slag off of Coopz, they are not.

Reply #443921 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kent Brockman can you please stop hating on virgin geeks who pick everything to shit.

Also why the hate on this shitty world we live in today.

Man you are one hater.

Reply #443934 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

Personally I think Lennon Cooper does a bloody good job of things.

Reply #444000 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:16 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754