Jack Toft
Years ago

Wortho's sneaky move

Did any see the sneaky move by Wortho on an inbounds? He bounced the ball off of Oscar's butt, stepped inbounds, got it and put it up for a FG. Crafty old bugger.

Haven't seen than move since U12!

Topic #33076 | Report this topic

BigAds  
Years ago

I had it happen to me a few years back and I almost attempted it the other night at a district game but the opposition player must have sensed it because he turned around just before I started the passing motion.

Oscar was a no risk situation and might have felt silly that he let it happen, I did when it happened to me. Perhaps other users closer to the man might be able to confirm whether he had any reactions to the Worthington play.

Reply #444005 | Report this post

GMan  
Years ago

That sneaky old move ey.
Hawks were robbed, no calls on the road.

Reply #444006 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Someone did it in the NBL the round before I think?

Reply #444010 | Report this post

fill smythe  
Years ago

Leroy Loggins did it . Bounced it off the back of the guy guarding the inbound pass, and dropped a Three. Sorry, cannot remember who the other team was.

Reply #444016 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

Someone did it to Tony Ronaldson once and the ball hasn't been seen since.

Reply #444019 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Gold, situation. Gold.

Reply #444032 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wortho has done this before in NBL, pretty sure it was when he played for Kings.

Reply #444033 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

Though it's within the rules, I think it's a bit unsportsmanlike. Kind of like bowling underarm in cricket (before they changed the rules).

Reply #444056 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

You cannot be serious!

Reply #444063 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wilson is right.
Also throwing the ball off an opponent if you're falling out of bounds is poor sportsmanship, and so is saying mean things to an opponent.
Also so is playing defence. Defence is just a form of hating IMO. Mind your own business, leave the other guy to play with the ball for his 24 seconds. It will be your turn with it soon enough.

Still torn on what I think of engaging in a rebounding contest, but leaning towards thinking it is allowable, if not exactly civilised behaviour.

Reply #444080 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wortho's sneaky move is being a professional basketballer yet opting out of gym work.

Reply #444152 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Another sneaky move is being a good player when he looks fat and unathletic.

Reply #444154 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

His manager had a few sneaky moves when it came to signing contracts too!

Reply #444159 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

GC Blaze out sneaked him.

Reply #444330 | Report this post

True Fan  
Years ago

Classic Old School move.. Loved it.

Reply #444569 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:46 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754