Mick
Years ago

NBL.tv - Top Notch Customer Service

So I sent an email to NBL.tv complaining that their service is ripping me off. I signed up with a facebook account, not an email and password, but the only way to log in to their mobile app is with an email and password. On Friday and Saturday nights I'm generally not at home so i would use the mobile streaming service almost exclusively.

I kindly asked them to refund my subscription or fix their app. In addition, the android app crashes constantly, and this is just while opening it and trying to select a game to watch. I can't imagine what it's like while actually streaming video. I never got to that part because I CAN'T EVEN LOG IN TO THE DAMN THING I PAID 70 ODD BUCKS FOR.

So this is the response I get yesterday from the clowns:

"Hi Michael,

Thank you for your email.

We take all feedback seriously and endeavour to improve the site wherever possible.

As you can see we have a site which is constantly being developed and new features are being introduced frequently.

Please do not hesitate to contact us should you have any further questions or enquiries.

Best regards,
Shilpa
NBL.TV Customer Support"

Topic #33082 | Report this topic

GuessWhosBACK  
Years ago

I think they send pretty much the same stock standard response to all queries.

Reply #444073 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

[email protected]

Just remember, if you go in demanding a refund for the cancellation of the service and thats what they agree to do, don't complain when you change your mind when you can't watch NBL games any more.

Reply #444074 | Report this post

Cats 4 life  
Years ago

At least got an email back! Still waiting a week, any one get back 50% back? As a member for perth but i already paid full price.

Reply #444079 | Report this post

Wildcat Fan  
Years ago

Really glad I cancelled my subscription (my CC expired anyway so they couldnt auto renew, and I didnt bother signing up again).

Shocking product and service, despite the cheap price. Yes, you get what you pay for, but $79 for a product that was more frustrating than enjoyable and barely worked is a rip off.

Reply #444087 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

I got my refund for the member discount thing in pretty short order actually, and got responses back within an hour or so each time? Went pretty well for me.

Reply #444088 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

nbl.tv is far from cheap, FIBA TV were doing early bird $59 deals and that includes all the Euroleague and European basketball you can handle along with every NBL game.

Reply #444090 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

At situation....

I can't watch NBL games as it stands so what would be the difference?

Reply #444115 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Mick, in all seriousness let us know next time you're in Townsville and we'll go to a Crocs game. And while watching the game, whoever can find the most faults with what the Crocs do on the court that night has to shout the other a lemonade.

Reply #444141 | Report this post

Tyrell  
Years ago

forget nbl.tv, there are free livestreaming sites everywhere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply #444150 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

That reply does seem very stock standard which is what they should NOT be doing.

Commonsense fix for Perform would be:

Ask for your Facebook address. Confirm this is you (either ask you to make your email address public for 24hrs so they can match it to the one you want to log in or get you to send a DM from your FB account). Then change your point of log in from FB to an email address.

If that can't be done then offer to cancel your current account and re-sign you under a email log in but at the original price you signed up for.

Then ask for a screenshot of any errors you see when opening the phone app. Ask for your phone details. IE phone brand, model, phone carrier. That way they can at least eliminate if the app crashing is actually their fault or not.

If there seems to be a common error amongst certain phones or operating systems then they would need to find out why and fix it.

I work for a Telco & I know that some phones (Sony Exp Z1 for EG) do have some app issues. Also new IOS7 update is flat out terrible, LOTS of issues.

That way, hey.. It may be your iphone and not NBL TV's app. Although unlikely but it's better than just giving a customer a refund without even trouble shooting.

Reply #444169 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

I know nat. The annoying thing is this wasn't their first reply. The first one was a "thank you for your query we take all feedback seriously and will get back to you in due course with an in depth response" type thing.

And this was their in depth response.

Reply #444212 | Report this post

Wildcats fan  
Years ago

All the response from nbl tv are rather stock standard. I've been emailing them everyday for the past week trying all the fixes they suggest. None of them have worked so I email them back and they email me another fix. Which doesn't work. ... after about 3 emails complaining that they haven't attended to my password query ( how to change it from the one they issued to me as a temporary fix) then they said they would escalate it to their technical team. You mean you didn't start there when you couldn't answer my question the first time around? !

I've kinda had it with them, they're clearly in way over their head. Blaming ISP speeds when it is their issue and generally not the users issue is a bit low. Shouldn't be this hard to watch a video on demand!

So I have ended up requesting that my subscription be canceled and that I get refund for my subscription fee since I didn't get what I paid for. Bit of a shame since I would have liked to keep the subscription if it actually worked! But since it didn't work on either my home or work computers, I'm guessing it's not an issue at my end. Fingers crossed my refund gets processed correctly since nothing else did!

Reply #445857 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:44 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754