Isaac
Years ago

Matt Knight cleared to play this round

Bad news for National Basketball League teams - Matt Knight has been cleared to return to action for the Perth Wildcats.
The 204cm centre is yet to play a game this season, sidelined with an ankle injury, yet the Cats are on top of the NBL ladder, unbeaten in six games.
Knight's return sees 129 games of experience back on the court and also leaves the Cats in the enviable position of having great depth on their bench
Knight will return to action on Thursday night for Perth's clash with Cairns Taipans at the Perth Arena starting at 7pm.
Full story

Topic #33096 | Report this topic

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

This is either going to go really really well, or really really badly.

Reply #444260 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Still very excited to see him back - a two-game weekend versus Cairns and Wollongong is a good way to get him back up to speed.

Reply #444261 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

great news to have him back playing

Reply #444266 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Typical...

Reply #444268 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

Typical?

I'd like to see him come off the bench for the first game or two and play limited minutes. No need to change what is already working well, and Jervis doesn't deserve the demotion just yet.

Reply #444269 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

^ Yeah, we're definitely not at panic stations by any means, so just ease Matty back onto the court and let him pick up the team chemistry, not stress his ankles, and figure out how best to get his offensive power to complement the team.

Reply #444279 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

I would expect him to come off the bench, probably after Wagstaff in the rotation.

Dont think he will play more than 20 minutes a game until next year.

Great situation for him to ease back into it.

Reply #444283 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

He will get his starting job back in time. I see no need to rush him in with too many minutes we have a great frontcourt and Jervis has been great so far. I would be more concerned about a backcourt injury as we lack depth

Reply #444286 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Situation, it's typical that he's coming back against my Taipans. Just putting the boot in even further after what's happened in the last few weeks. Granted, he won't play massive minutes, but it's just a pain in the ass. Best of luck to him though, he seems like a good bloke.

Reply #444288 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

I just didn't know what you meant. It could have meant a few things.

Sorry about the poor timing :-)

Reply #444295 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Could really see him breaking down again before playoff time, so not too worried yet, see where he is at come round 20...

Reply #444365 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Has someone told him to wear some high tops? Rolls his ankles way too often

Reply #444394 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth will win easily. Hopefully they play him slowly into form. They will finish top and don't want knight to get injured again. Jervis is what you want similar to gruber he makes layups and gets many blocks on defense. Always does the right thing. Only play knight 10 minutes a game for the first month.

Reply #444408 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Jervis has been rebounding like a maniac whilst also keeping the ball under lock and key when its in his hands (almost the lowest turnover rate in the entire NBL). Perhaps the perfect example of someone playing within his means, to a plan, and wringing out every bit of effectiveness he has.

Reply #444413 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:45 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754