Faux Mick
Years ago

Cedric Jackson Scrub Player In Scrub European Team

So far Cedric Jackson has been an absolute SCRUB on an absolute SCRUB European team.

He plays on Union Olimpijia, the same team Aron Baynes played on.

Union Olimpija plays in the Adriatic League, which is currently rated as the 9th best domestic league in Europe, and in the Eurocup, which is the European league level below the Euroleague.

In the Adriatic League, they are in dead last place, and in the Eurocup, they are in 4th place in their first stage group, and if that holds true, they won't make it out of the first group stage. So clearly, this is the definition of a SCRUB team, the worst team in a mid level domestic league, and a team that might not even make it out of the first 32 group stage in the 2nd tier European league.

And on top of this, individually, Jackson has been awful. His numbers are just terrible. This pretty much shows the difference between the leagues in Europe and the NBL. The best player from the NBL is struggling in a crap team from 2nd tier European leagues.

Topic #33097 | Report this topic

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

And who are his team-mates :P

Reply #444263 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Say how you really feel Mick :P

7ppg, 3.5 rpg and 4apg in 16 minutes in two games isn't too bad. All it shows is that players that go over there aren't guaranteed to get the same playing minutes as they are here regardless if they are good enough or not

Reply #444264 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Jackson has also been carrying an injury.

Reply #444265 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

He just came back from an injury.

Not bad stats for a guy only averaging 16 mins of court time a night.

Works out to be 17.5ppg, 8.75rpg and 10apg per 40min!

When he gets back to full health and starts playing more, he is going to make you look like an idiot Mick

Reply #444275 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Haha what a drama queen, Mick. Yes it is a shame for him to go from perennial success in the NBL to posting scrub numbers on a scrub team in the scrub Eurocup. But it's what he chose and he now has a sizeable hip pocket.

Regarding his individual performance going from NBL's best to this is, at face value, an indictment on our league (which I'm pretty sure you're also mad about). But if you think about it, success on a team is principally affected by the system(s) run by different team's coaching staff. I'll spit out some names.

JJ Redick, Deron Williams, Brad Hill, EJ Rowland, Shawn Redhage, Tom Garlepp, Kevin Martin, Chris Bosh, James Harden, Ron Dorsey, Luke Schenscher, and seemingly every Taipans player in history (seems to get worse when they come to Cairns). Etc.

Reply #444284 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Mick, you have no idea! One of the most clueless posts in hoops history!

He missed a large chunk of the pre-season and the first four weeks of the season with injury (an abdominal tear from memory) and has returned the past two weeks playing reduced minutes.

They were 1-6 without him and are 2-2 since his return, including a win over Valencia whose only other loss this season in Spain or the Eurocup was a one-point loss to Barcelona.

Jackson's per 40 minute stats are: 17p, 8.5a and 7.3r.

Reply #444294 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Hopefully he hates getting paid heaps and wants to save the day for Deano Vickerman and comes back :p

Reply #444296 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Just more on how clueless you are Mick - Ty McKee, Kirk Penney, EJ Rowland and Troy Devries were all in the top 5 scorers of top 5 leagues in Europe last season, yet you use a sample of four games from Jackson to compare the NBL and European leagues!!!

Mark Worthington just returned from the Adriatic League (which is a good European comp BTW) and said:

"The Adriatic League taught me about patience in the halfcourt, and sometimes that gets lost when we play at the pace we do in the NBL.

“My big lesson was learning about the value of the ball in the halfcourt and how to run sets to a T.

“The skill talent is no different, our game is very similar to the European game."

http://www.nbl.com.au/article/id/k8se0xnm6jq61cw4xgi9hqgy0

Reply #444298 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Getting super aggressive up in here! We haven't had this much animosity toward a poster since the Ingles days. I wonder what happened to the little scamp.

Back on the NBL, I think the administrative problems the NBL has detracts from our perception of the league's quality on the court. On court, it's actually a fantastic league.

Reply #444301 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I reckon Marcus Camby took the cake for generating animosity!

Reply #444306 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

So Mick, I take your lack of reply as a no regarding my offer in your NBL tv thread?

Reply #444310 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

Godammit Mick, you've gone and ruined everything!

Reply #444313 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Trolling much mick?

Reply #444323 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well done Mick, you lobbed it up and made every idiot who bit back look like an absolute fool.

I applaud you sir.

Reply #444352 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

^ No he didn't

Reply #444354 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Should point out that the OP of this nonsense topic is not myself, ie. the usual person who goes by the alias of "Mick"...

Reply #444356 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nathan of Perth, actually yes he did, and the fact that you responded to say he didn't makes you look even sillier.

Reply #444366 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

^ Still no

Reply #444374 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

I had a feeling this was the faux Mick

Reply #444383 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Takes a troll to know a troll aye little buddy? I also knew you were there...lurking.

Reply #444385 | Report this post

MANAGER  
Years ago

sup mick

Reply #444417 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

?

Reply #444438 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

To the guy saying Adriatic League is a good European League...it is officially ranked as the #9 domestic league in Europe.

That's not really anything to brag about.

Reply #444471 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

again...above post is by faux Mick, not myself.

Seriously dude, get a hobby.

Reply #444617 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

@ Scrub Mick, those ratings are decided by things like crowds, tv ratings, revenue and arena size as well as results. This season, Adriatic teams have already beaten teams from seven of the eight comps listed above them on those criteria. European basketball is very even across the board.

The Adriatic is very similar to the NBL, no absolutely elite teams but all their teams are very competitive. This is highlighted by their bottom team Union Olimpija sitting equal second in a Eurocup group featuring teams from Spain, Italy, Germany and France.

BTW, overnight everyone's favourite scrub Cedric Jackson handed out 12 assists in a win, the 11th best performance in Eurocup history and just three shy of the record.

Reply #444654 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

In your face Mick(s)!

Reply #444657 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cedric Jackson is a scrub by European standards. Just like Carlos Arroyo is. Deal with it. Bunch of homers here. My goodness.

Reply #444711 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And Euroleague teams beat NBA teams ALL THE TIME - not ONCE does ANYONE here EVER admit that Eurolague is even remotely close to NBA level, yet we have people claiming Adriatic League is just about same as Euroleague level for same reason here.

Bunch of freaking homers.

Reply #444712 | Report this post

Rhea  
Years ago

Somebody wasn't hugged as a baby...

Reply #444716 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

or was the last kid picked or both

Reply #444721 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:05 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754