Libertine
Years ago

Stojakovic Out!

http://www.sportal.com.au/basketball.asp?i=news&id=54551

Serbian Peja Stojakovic has told the Sacramento Kings he wants to be traded, even though he is tied to the club for two more years.

A three-time NBA All Star and the second-leading scorer in the league in 2003-04, Stojakovic has been with the Kings for six years, but he told AP he has asked general manager Geoff Petrie to be traded.

"I think the change would be good for the team and for myself," said Stojakovic, who is believed to be disappointed the club released his compatriot Vlade Divac to the Los Angeles Lakers. "That's the only explanation you're going to get from me."

"You could see this year, late in the year, we didn't have good chemistry and didn't play good basketball. I just think that the team had their chances, and opportunities are closing, and the team needs new players. I'm probably one of the easiest players to trade, and I'm willing to go."

Petrie refused to comment on whether Stojakovic will get his wish, but did say he is not surprised to have received the request.

"It's something that's been building for a little while," Petrie said. "He's one of the last guys on our team that I would want to trade or would even want to think about trading."

"He has certainly flourished here, but he feels at this moment that he's concerned about his ability to succeed at the level he wants to be at."

Topic #331 | Report this topic

doddobird  
Years ago

trade him to dallas and play him with dirk.

Reply #2575 | Report this post

Player89  
Years ago

trade him to new jersey! Kidd pentrating kicking it out to Peja or throwing the alley to RJ. Perfect chemistry!

Reply #2589 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Trade him to New Jersey? For what? It would need to be a multi-player trade (ie every darn player on the Nets excl RJ and JKidd for Stojakovic).

Seriously, the Nets have gone from contender to joke overnight. Sorry BT - your team is terrible. Best bury the team in the swamp and start again.

When do the move to Brooklyn? With half a million different players linked to the Knicks this off season, maybe there's room for 1 or 2 in Brooklyn instead!

Reply #2590 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

Well which team has enough bling bling to throw at him and equal for a trade?

Reply #2597 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:51 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754