Aussie NBA players and Prospects

Trying to compile a list of Aussie NBA prospects

wanna see if I am missing anyone.

Dante Exum
Brad Newley
Anthony Drmic
Thon Maker
Ben Simmons
Thon Maker (if you wanna consider him aussie)
Joe Ingles
Jonah Bolden

Anyone else?

Topic #33100 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Isaac Humphries?

Reply #444314 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Joe turned down 2 offers in the off season, he wont be going NBA anytime soon as a result

Reply #444315 | Report this post

Proud Dad  
Years ago

Definitely add Isaac Humphries to the list.

Reply #444316 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

I wouldn't rate Newley as an NBA prospect though the rest of your list looks about right. You do have Thon Maker listed twice, I think he is an NBA prospect, whether he represents Australia remains to be seen.

Reply #444317 | Report this post

GuessWhosBACK  
Years ago

Isaac Humphries? never heard of him.. anyone want to enlighten me?

Reply #444318 | Report this post

Rhea  
Years ago

I'd rate Chris Gouldings chances of hitting a NBA roster higher than Newleys at this point

Reply #444320 | Report this post

GuessWhosBACK  
Years ago

Yeah, I think I wrote Newley as an accident. Unless his 3 point shot becomes automatic, hes not gonna ever be picked up sadly. And Goulding... well, with how hes been improving he cant be completely counted out. Probably not as likely as some of the other names though

Reply #444321 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

cam bairstow

Reply #444322 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Isaac Humphries from NSW Metro is currently the starting centre for the Aus under 17 squad and went to Adidas Nations in L.A. a couple of months ago, he is about 6'10" over 100kg plus he is still only 15.

Reply #444324 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Too early to call any kid at 15 or 16 years old an NBA prospect I think. Stick to a list of over 17 year olds to make it reasonably fair.

Reply #444325 | Report this post

GuessWhosBACK  
Years ago

Cam Bairstow... Hmm, pretty good but I dont really think so.

Reply #444326 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

Goulding is playing into boomers contention and potentially another NBA tryout. Bairstow an outside chance I think he is better than Brock Motum.

Reply #444327 | Report this post

GuessWhosBACK  
Years ago

I am still yet to see a full game of Brock Motum... I know he had a good 3 point shot and the Boomers really need that. Where is Brock these days?... Bairstows more of a banger then Brock from what I understand.

Reply #444328 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

325, nope. Kid is legit. I would have said the same as you, till I've seen him play.

Reply #444333 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

Motum is on the fringes and might get some summer league invites pending his management.

If he addes strengh and more consistancey on the 3 ball Motum is firmly on your list.

Reply #444342 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

Just watch and see bairstow is coming!!

Reply #444364 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is Humphries that good?

Reply #444370 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'd throw Deng Adel from Waverley into the mix. Needs to get a good college coach to polish of skills and a good program to help add strength, but really raw and long 2-guard.

Footage at NBA draftnet doesn't do justice and no-one plays any form of help, transition or basic man on man defence at the camps, so basically clips or lay-ups and dunks, but he can flat out score and distribute.

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/deng-adel

Reply #444390 | Report this post

GuesswhosBACK  
Years ago

I wonder, is this ansother Sudanese aussie who is going to turn their back on the national team?

Reply #444392 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thon Maker is not aussie. What about Djeric?

Reply #444423 | Report this post

Proud Dad  
Years ago

#370 I am no expert, but from what I have seen he is THAT good.

Reply #444424 | Report this post

jimmy needles  
Years ago

+1 for Deng Adel

Reply #444426 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

"Thon maker is not Aussie what about Djeric? Sorry anon i dont see djeric as an NBA prospect, not even boomers prospect imo

Reply #444457 | Report this post

GuessWhosBACK  
Years ago

Jimmy Needles... You see deng adel in the NBA? what about Boomers do U think he would do it?

Reply #444463 | Report this post

KLballer  
Years ago

Throw in Dejan Vasiljevic and Thomas Wilson into the mix.
Thomas can play all round guard and Dejan can shoot the lights out, we witnessed it against New Zealand in the Qualifers.

Dejan Vasiljevic
Thomas Wilson
Isaac Humphries

Throw them as contenders

Reply #444599 | Report this post

Anon :)  
Years ago

Humphries is the real deal.. He's a legit 7 foot, can put the ball on the floor, has great touch around the rim, a great skilled centre.. He's getting calls from the likes of UCLA, Stanford and Nebraska. At only 15 years old, the future is looking bright for this kid

Reply #444652 | Report this post

GuesswhosBACK  
Years ago

Thats great to see Anon. Because I have started to be worried about whether we were still producing top centers at the junior level... because in Aussie hoops it always seems we excell at 1 position at a time and never all 5 at once. Looks like we might be closer to having all positions covered.

Reply #444670 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great to hear about Humphries. Are Kyle Clark and Will White any good?

Reply #444708 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just on Humphries he's 6'11? Anyone know whether he is projected to have anymore of a growth spurt? Projected height when he stops growing?

Reply #444709 | Report this post

shayno  
Years ago

yeah deng adel if he puts in the work will kill it. seen it first hand.

a lot of sudanese out here in west melb dunking easy at under 16 level

Reply #444866 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:44 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754