concnerned
Years ago

Lightning - promotion - game crowds

Went to Lightning game and biggest thing I noticed that in a crowd of around 300 there was only a handful junior girls.

So I spoke to some junior basketball girls and asked them if they knew any of the Lightning players or why they did not go to Lightning games.

The junior girls could not name any of the Lightning players.
They could rattle off 4 players from the Thunderbirds team.

None of the girls had any idea about Steph Talbot and how she was in the all star 5 team at the world U19 champs.

What a huge promotion opportunity lost to have one of the best 5 players in the world playing in the Lightning and the local girls no nothing about it.
Get Steph out to district clubs so junior girls see her and get motivated to strive to play at that level.

So clearly the Lightning need to get to grass roots junior girls basketball and get visible. From what I can see there is no promotion of the Lightning at junior level.

Perhaps each of the Lightning players should be allocated to each of the district clubs to take training sessions and get involved with the junior girls programme. At least this will generate some interest form the junior girls to go and watch the Lightning games.
Instead of Simon gathering them all into Norwood Lightning.

What happened when Lightning played China, there almost as many BSA admin people as spectators.

Not sure who is in the promotions department at the Lightning, but clearly its not working.

No wander the club is loosing money.

Topic #33122 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

They are offering $10 tickets for this weekend's game

Reply #444939 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

$18 is insane for a WNBL game.

Every game should be $10

Reply #444941 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yep, I'd be attending more games if they were $10 as my kids enjoy going but I can't afford to go every week

Reply #444950 | Report this post

Dr6  
Years ago

Where's the $10 offer?

Reply #444988 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

My district club has put it on their facebook page. You have to print out the voucher and present it at the ticket box to get the $10 ticket.

Had a quick look at the Basketball SA site but couldn't see anything there.

Reply #444991 | Report this post

Dr6  
Years ago

Got it - thanks. South Adelaide Facebook page had it.

Reply #445079 | Report this post

michael  
Years ago

Rangers is 12$ KIDS ARE FREE

Reply #445147 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The game could be free and still not pull a crowd because it's not the price that is the problem

Reply #445153 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:30 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754