Anonymous
Years ago

Coaching Movements - West Coast Waves next.

With the demise of Peter Buckle this week, a coach who has a winning record, will the West Coast Waves Board follow the bravery of the Adelaide Lightning and move on Coach Kareema, who has the worst record in the league.

Surely in this era of professionalism, we cannot be expected to continue to accept such poor results.

The message is not getting through to the players. Basketball at the national level in the west is in jeopardy

Common Board. It is time to make the change. Have the courage to make the call.

Topic #33135 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Year fire Kennedy because he can't polish a turd. Genius.

Reply #445341 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

KK chose to bring half of his tall ferns team to perth .. so its only his own turds he's trying to polish !

I wonder if KK was an aussie, would the CEO have sacked him by now, hey bro?

Jobs for the cuzzy bro's at BWA/WCW I think!

Reply #445406 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The most cursory review of his coaching track record has all of the answers you need, it has nothing to do with nationality just basic capability.

Reply #445433 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Or again, more likely that their player budget means that they were the only players possible to recruit.

Reply #445485 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The kiwis are not on big money and they are 2 of the team's best players. They are the least of the team's problems. No idea why so much criticism is directed at them.
Edmondson leads the team in scoring. Wallbutton is 3rd.
Wallbutton leads the team in rebounding. Edmondson is 4th.

Reply #445565 | Report this post

WA Coach  
Years ago

Why do we keep bringing this up surely Anon you are a Waves hater. Go down and watch a training session and meet the coach, he might change your opinion.

THe squad is basically a WA SBL team with two journeyman Kiwi internationals.

Ask the board to give KK so more money for his roster before you get him sacked.

Buckle had a player budget 3 times more than us, If the Waves had Batkovic and Bishop we would be talking title by now.

Reply #445601 | Report this post

as if  
Years ago

Have you seen the Waves back court? haha

Reply #445637 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why do the waves have such a small budget in comparison to every other team?

Reply #445721 | Report this post

yes vote of perth  
Years ago

Maybe things not so rosy in the camp at waves with their club statement last night of mutual cancellation of a contract?

Reply #445744 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That is not new news (notice that she didn't play on the weekend). Wonder if they're going to take her off the front page of the website.
Hope not. She's cute.

Reply #445829 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Link? Who are we talking about?

Reply #445897 | Report this post

Andy  
Years ago

^ Must be talking about Marsh I would say.
Gee there are some Morons around here, WCW have 2 Kiwi players and Anon thinks that equals half a team, they play as locals on minimum money and are 2 of the better players in the team.

Reply #445983 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not sure I would call putting a message on facebook as a "club statement", pretty poor that they can't even put something on their homepage:

Club Statement:
Adrienne (Ajay) Jones and the Alcohol. Think Again West Coast Waves WNBL (Official) have parted ways as Jones' contract for the remainder of the 2013/14 WNBL season has been cancelled by mutual consent. Point Guard Jones, who is studying at Murdoch University, will now focus on her studies.

Everyone at the Waves wishes Ajay the best of luck in the future for her endeavours both on and off the court.

Waves Head Coach Kennedy Kereama shares this sentiment "I wish Ajay all the best in the future, whether it be basketball, university or career focused."

Reply #446004 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Check the guy's track record

Reply #446068 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think plenty of people picked up on the fact that it was covering up a deeper issue since uni just finished and if there was going to be problems with that they would now be irrelevant.

Reply #446177 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

End of the day the coach can only do the best with what he has got. Will any other coach get a better result??
The harsh reality is there needs to be a change within the roster as from what i have witnessed too many players dont play for the team but for themselves.
Your getting beaten with these players so what have got to lose? You might as well start to develop players rather than keep going down the same path.

Reply #447123 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Check the guy's track record

Reply #447160 | Report this post

Green76  
Years ago

Now that the Waves season is over will BWA talk to Rob Beveridge about coaching?

Reply #457439 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

Couldn't hurt to talk to him I guess.
Well, actually I guess it could. It could hurt their feelings when he LOLs at them. And I don't know that it would change the team's fortunes if they got him anyway. Playing personnel and not the coaching staff is what BWA need to be putting their resources into.

Reply #457470 | Report this post

Green76  
Years ago

I agree playing personnel is important, but a coach chooses his players and if the coach isn't choosing the right players look elsewhere. I've heard two young guns Burton and Garbin won't come back next year.

Reply #457490 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What is Bevo doing at the moment?

Reply #457493 | Report this post

Green76  
Years ago

Bevo's got his own coaching business and I think is coaching juniors at Wanneroo. BWA would be stupid not talk to him even if he does laugh at them.

Reply #457495 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I thought he got an offer in China or did that fall through?

Reply #457498 | Report this post

Green76  
Years ago

I thought he knocked that back, maybe wrong.

Reply #457507 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:24 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754