Anonymous
Years ago

Kings Press Release on Jesse Sanders

Shane Heal said he's not cut but Thanks for the memories.. What a load of CROCK. The Kings organization handle the sacking of Jesse Sanders like a under 12's.

*NO Statement responding to the rumors
*Us fans had to read it on Boti's blog & Facebook
*NO Statement from the NEW Media Manager or the
invisible GM
*Players thanking him after the game but no one
said publically it was his last game.
*NOT one Sydney Kings owner dared showed their
face before or after the game.

Jesse Sanders, Thank You for your efforts and your professionalism since arriving in Australia. Good luck with your next team.

As for the Kings handling this.. DISGRACEUL!

Topic #33136 | Report this topic

MACDUB  
Years ago

You dont know what happened behind the scenes. So youre not really in a position to comment.

What was said between Heal and Sanders matters much more than what was said to the public.

Reply #445231 | Report this post

Proud  
Years ago

Whilst I like the potential of McCamey he seems lazy and immature at times... Does anyone think they could replace him with Sanders?

A stacked Cairns team need a solid defender and ball handler and we have all heard the "how great a bloke" Sanders is so I think he would be a good fit!

Summer of Sanders to continue !

Reply #445233 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

Was thinking the same thing Proud. Sanders for McCamey is exactly what Cairns needs, plus a new coach :)

Reply #445237 | Report this post

banked shot  
Years ago

i thought he would be a good fit for melbourne, with Ubaka struggling. But imo Sydney should release Carmouche and keep sanders they are already stacked with shooting guards but short on point guards. But Shane does like his shooters

Reply #445245 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Heal said that Sanders had been aware of their search for an upgrade.

Reply #445248 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

Melbourne should take a good hard look at swapping Ubaka for Sanders. Cairns won't have the balls to swap McCamey for him.

Reply #445260 | Report this post

Proud  
Years ago

Cairns definitely need the new coach but McCamey to tigers would work for them too perhaps?

I can't see Sanders not being offered another job in Australia

Reply #445284 | Report this post

GuesswhosBACK  
Years ago

Well its survival of the fittest for imports right now.. If this were last year, I don;t think we would have seen this kind of import movement so early if it were this crop of imports.. But with james Ennis and Jermaine Beal in Perth... the league has to compensate.. so guys like Sanders end up on the chopping block. But yeah.. I think he deserves a gig. I would take him over Ubaka any day of the week. I actually think thats where Chris Anstey should go unless he can get Luther Head.

I think the following imports should have their luggage ready.

Kevin Tiggs.. Has some moves but is yet to provide
Demetri Maccamey... Good player, doesnt add alot tho
Ubaka... is just crap, when an import plays off the bench you pretty much know there days are numbered
Charles Carmooche.... Soon enough need for a PG will be apparent
Jarrid Frye.. Frye has been decent at times, fallen off at others... He could stick around all year for all I know.. but in this current climate of picking up NBA small forwards he may get unlucky. We are still yet to see the best of Frye... but he may want to show it fairly soon.

Reply #445289 | Report this post

Moneyballer  
Years ago

36ers should get Josh Childress

Reply #445299 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Frye is averaging 10ppg @ 49% and 5.5rpg in 23 minutes on a stacked roster with many scoring options and you think they should get rid of him? You do also realise he is on minimum money for an import? What x NBA player is going to come here for minimum money?

Two games ago against NZ, Frye was one of the main reasons we won. Sixers are second on the ladder and looking strong and you want to upset team chemistry by getting rid of an import? Yeah that makes perfect sense.

The coach knows he is a great pick up and is doing what is required. So he will be staying here the entire season.

Reply #445301 | Report this post

Speed44  
Years ago

^ This

Reply #445307 | Report this post

Annon  
Years ago

Sanders to Taipans is just the ticket I think.......... Imagine that.........

Reply #445316 | Report this post

sitiveni  
Years ago

I like Sanders as a player, a bit of a Marto player. I cant see the kings winning without a genuine PG, teams like Perth will put too much defence pressure on Sydney's ballhandlers and will get a heap of TO's.

Melbourne could be a better team by picking up Sanders and releasing Chewy. Sanders will bring a great BBall IQ, excellent defender and leadership.

Reply #445322 | Report this post

GuesswhosBACK  
Years ago

If the Kings don't have a half decent point guard, the offense is gonna be that crap that Sam young wont even be able to help them.

Reply #445328 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:33 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754